Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm not sure what I'd be lying about and it's for you to decide if you think I'm thick. Just from am outsiders point of view it seems like any other transfer approach nowadays

Ignore Jinky, hes got some nerve calling you a thick liar, the jarg ITK weapon.

I totally agree with you, Jose is saying we want to buy the player, hes making bids for the player, hes also said if we dont want to get anymore bids all we have to say is "Hes not for sale at any price", 7 words and this all goes away.

Ive said before I think keeping stones would be a massive statement of intent. Selling up would show a lack of ambition and imply we are nothing but a feeder for the money clubs with our young talent.

But ...... if he is sold , everton would get a record fee. Not only that but with browning galloway garbutt and pennington coming through , we still have a very decent crop of young defenders.

You'll change your tune if/when one of the Sky Four openly bang on about one of your better players and you haven't got a hope in hell of keeping him.

Look at what Delph did to Villa, not the same as what's going on with Stonesy, but one minute he says "no, I'm staying loyal to Villa" and the next minute he cuts and runs... for bucketload so more money and better chance of winning a trophy.

Face it Foxy, and I'm not trying to be rude, but you guys have less chance in that kind of scenario than we have.

2 words, Emile Heskey.

Another 2 words, Gary Lineker.

Yeah, your totally right, he has no idea what its like when the big clubs come calling.

Also, maybe you have forgotten which powerhouse of European football we "stole" Stones from for 2.2m plus add ons.

Was it Barca? PSG? Inter?

Oh no, it was Barnsley.

You'll change your tune if/when one of the Sky Four openly bang on about one of your better players and you haven't got a hope in hell of keeping him.

Look at what Delph did to Villa, not the same as what's going on with Stonesy, but one minute he says "no, I'm staying loyal to Villa" and the next minute he cuts and runs... for bucketload so more money and better chance of winning a trophy.

Face it Foxy, and I'm not trying to be rude, but you guys have less chance in that kind of scenario than we have.
Yeah I'd be gutted and we'd have no chance of keeping the player but I'm not sure I'd be outraged at the method of the bids or it becoming public.

I'm not trolling and I probably shouldn't have said anything but it just struck me as any other transfer. As I said i hope he stays with you and develops into a regular starter for England

.....First in line for the next Gary Lineker and Alan smith

Unfortunately there's just no keeping a secret in football anymore. I actually hate the transfer windows, long drawn out sagas with tedious twoing and throwing with the big club ultimately winning out in the end.

Who does Stones support out of interest?

Unfortunately there's just no keeping a secret in football anymore. I actually hate the transfer windows, long drawn out sagas with tedious twoing and throwing with the big club ultimately winning out in the end.

Daily Mail, in an old article, reckon he was/is a United fan.

Bill gets Bobby to sing his song in the media, you all lap it up, Jose comes along and tells you all the truth and hes the bad guy?

LOL

Mo is covering his own behind. He doesnt want to get into bidding war against ManU or City. He would like Everton to close this soon that he wouldnt have to worry about it and only the he could move to other targets

I doubt its Chelsea or Everton, prolly Barnsley.

There's a rumour going around that United want Kasper Schmeichel. We have absolutely zero chance if they come knocking lol

Mo is covering his own behind. He doesnt want to get into bidding war against ManU or City. He would like Everton to close this soon that he wouldnt have to worry about it and move to other targets

Jose doesnt care how much he pays, its not his money.

Hes simply telling us all what we know, every player has a price, we can keep crying about how its unfair all we like, but until we say hes not for sale at any price, he will keep bidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back