Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jose doesnt care how much he pays, its not his money.

Hes simply telling us all what we know, every player has a price, we can keep crying about how its unfair all we like, but until we say hes not for sale at any price, he will keep bidding.

He's Unsettling Stones and us. They could have done this behind closed doors. These are Mos mind games. Nothing more. Martinez talked brilliantly about this.

All those saying his value will only go up after another season for us and playing for England in Euro 2016 are forgetting one thing. England are crap so he is hardly going to look good when we don't get out of the group so his value will probably drop.

Yeah I do understand how that can be frustrating but its just part and parcel of modern football nowadays. Just seems like any other transfer to me
'just like any other transfer', but the usual suspects on here will twist the whole saga into an anti board anti Kenwright ant Martinez wallow. Martinez is right to call Moutinho out on this, and good on him for doing so.The outcome will depend on Stones, who seems to be clear headed and sensible, with his parents involved in his decisions. He is also very young. If he were another Lescott, I would forecast a similar series of stunts that we had to put up with during that episode(didn't really help Lescott to much more than a couple of medals and a big bank balance, not much in the way of satisfaction at playing football. Unfortunately, despite many suspects again dissing our systems, academy, and scouting, we consistently nurture top young talent that other clubs want....and until we have the ability to compete at the very top of the financial league, it will always be so, for us and the majority of clubs.I hope Martinez is able to put this one to bed early, but I suspect the pressures will be too great, this will not make him a coward, a poor negotiator, or anything negative, it will simply be the way things are.

Bill gets Bobby to sing his song in the media, you all lap it up, Jose comes along and tells you all the truth and hes the bad guy?

LOL
Ok, he has a point about Everton not shutting the door in his face completely. But the annoying thing about his statement was when he jibes that if it happens to him he simply says no and that's the end of the matter. He knows full well that Chelsea can afford to turn down offers for his players but that the pressure on a club like Everton to deny a player a move and/or turn down massive cash is something he never has to contend with. The last time he faced that problem was at Porto.

He's a just a latin Brian Clough wannabe without the morality.

Thanks for doing Liverpool a couple of seasons back, Jose, but feel free to put your head in a blender.

'just like any other transfer', but the usual suspects on here will twist the whole saga into an anti board anti Kenwright ant Martinez wallow. Martinez is right to call Moutinho out on this, and good on him for doing so.The outcome will depend on Stones, who seems to be clear headed and sensible, with his parents involved in his decisions. He is also very young. If he were another Lescott, I would forecast a similar series of stunts that we had to put up with during that episode(didn't really help Lescott to much more than a couple of medals and a big bank balance, not much in the way of satisfaction at playing football. Unfortunately, despite many suspects again dissing our systems, academy, and scouting, we consistently nurture top young talent that other clubs want....and until we have the ability to compete at the very top of the financial league, it will always be so, for us and the majority of clubs.I hope Martinez is able to put this one to bed early, but I suspect the pressures will be too great, this will not make him a coward, a poor negotiator, or anything negative, it will simply be the way things are.

The point is Steve whilst Kenwright and the current board are running our club we will NEVER be in a financial position to compete with the top clubs.

All those saying his value will only go up after another season for us and playing for England in Euro 2016 are forgetting one thing. England are crap so he is hardly going to look good when we don't get out of the group so his value will probably drop.
If England are crap, then there'll be plenty of focus on the Defenders. He could still impress in a crap team...

His value won't drop.

What will happen is another 19 year old will come through at some team, and they'll buy him for £20mill rather than £30mill.

It still means Stones will be a high profile player.

We should hold out for £30mill+ for Stones. The league is lacking in English centre halves full stop, never mind good ones.

The two best in the league are Jagielka and Cahill, that's not even an opinion, its fact. And compared to their competition in Smalling and Jones, that is worrying on an international level. The rest are yard dogs along the lines of Shawcross and Dann.

The fact Arsenal got in quick and picked up Chambers for that cheap is great business as him and Stones are the only players who look a certain quality.

Make no bones about it, Stones is a young, english, defender that will be part of a solid spine to a side that can win things. He's in a pool of 2 (him and Chambers). Therefore he's worth Sterling-style money IMO.

José knows this.

Make no mistake about it he (Stones) will be sold to the highest bidder, i bet City will highjack the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back