Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be controversial but I agree with Mourinho on this. The window is open and Chelsea are well within their rights to make offers for Stones or anybody else. Everton are also well within their rights to reject these bids. If they don't want to sell at any price and the player is happy to stay then there's no problem.

Don't understand what Martinez is upset about to be honest. Hope Stones stays with you though

Sorry to be controversial but I agree with Mourinho on this. The window is open and Chelsea are well within their rights to make offers for Stones or anybody else. Everton are also well within their rights to reject these bids. If they don't want to sell at any price and the player is happy to stay then there's no problem.

Don't understand what Martinez is upset about to be honest. Hope Stones stays with you though

Wow. Dont understand what hes upset about..

Chelsea openly courting OUR players through the press. Well within the right to make a bid yes. Not within there rights to tell all and sundry about how its been rejected and talk so openly about it in the press.

If you cant see that your either thick or lying.

He's only upset about the leaking of the bid to the media to try to unsettle the player. They can bid all they like.

think its the principle of leaking details of a very low bid to the media to unsettle the player which is the issue mate

think its the principle of leaking details of a very low bid to the media to unsettle the player which is the issue mate
Yep, I don't think Martinez is upset with the bid so much, its the fact Chelsea obviously leaked it to the press, basically trying to turn Stones head

Yeah I do understand how that can be frustrating but its just part and parcel of modern football nowadays. Just seems like any other transfer to me

I do agree that it's distasteful that the elite clubs can do this but until there are sanctions against it nothing will change

Wow. Dont understand what hes upset about..

Chelsea openly courting OUR players through the press. Well within the right to make a bid yes. Not within there rights to tell all and sundry about how its been rejected and talk so openly about it in the press.

If you cant see that your either thick or lying.
Well I'm not sure what I'd be lying about and it's for you to decide if you think I'm thick. Just from am outsiders point of view it seems like any other transfer approach nowadays

The only incentive Everton have of keeping their young stars is not through wages, or the style of play or because it's a family-run club - it's through winning trophies. That's what Martinez should be planning. How to win and not how to play slick tippy-tappy football that is impotent and does not penetrate and frustrates. How to win at all costs. How to create opportunities at every opportunity, corners in particularly, and not pass it around and allow the opposition to organize. If we win Cups and get into Europe, young players who are getting regular playing time can be incentivised to stay. Until then, expect the Sky Four, armed with their Goebbelsian pals in the media who will plant stories to unsettle players at their behest, to come knocking on our door every transfer window and believe that they have a divine right to our best players.

Well I'm not sure what I'd be lying about and it's for you to decide if you think I'm thick. Just from am outsiders point of view it seems like any other transfer approach nowadays

You'll change your tune if/when one of the Sky Four openly bang on about one of your better players and you haven't got a hope in hell of keeping him.

Look at what Delph did to Villa, not the same as what's going on with Stonesy, but one minute he says "no, I'm staying loyal to Villa" and the next minute he cuts and runs... for bucketload so more money and better chance of winning a trophy.

Face it Foxy, and I'm not trying to be rude, but you guys have less chance in that kind of scenario than we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back