Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tell you what we need to do with this one - no 'dignified' silences!

If he wants a war of words, give him one, because in his world, silence is a sign of weakness and makes people think things are going on behind the scenes.

Mourinho can spout off all he wants, ignore him and keep knocking them back until an offer comes in that's to good to turn down.

He's trying to bully us and jump the gun on City and Utd, the more we say nothing publically the more interest from the other two grows and he knows that and is worried they'll step in.

We don't want to lose him clearly but if it's going to happen we may as well have all 3 of them bidding against each other to get the maxium return.

Doug if Stones get sold what will happen to the other want away players - it will open the floodgates - if we got 60 million do you think RM would get all of that under BK???
I doubt it very much our lack of transfer activity tells you we are not flush with funds!

Under instructions from the Wigan chairman, Martinez reduced an already modest wage bill by 22%, while other clubs - Southampton, for example - were increasing theirs substantially. Economically, Wigan were unable to compete in the Premier League.

On top of this, Wigan's small squad was badly depleted by long-term injuries to Al Habsi, Ramis, Alcaraz, Caldwell, Figueroa and Beausejour. This left Boyce as the only first-choice defender to appear consistently in Martinez' final year there.

So their progress to the FA Cup Final, and their victory over Manchester City, was something of a miracle.
As was getting that squad last season to finish 11th last season and losing all 4 festive games

We just cannot replace him. I think Martinez is right. Our only chance of success is developing and not selling. Unless he hands in a request I wouldn't consider anything under 50mil.

I tell you what we need to do with this one - no 'dignified' silences!

If he wants a war of words, give him one, because in his world, silence is a sign of weakness and makes people think things are going on behind the scenes.

He's driving up the price every time he mentions Chelsea's interest in Stones publically. Stones isn't a hidden gem, everyone in English football has him down as a top talent and destined to be a great. Everytime he opens his mouth he's making City and Utd aware that they're desperate to get him before they move in and it makes them nervous about missing out.

If he pushes it to hard and they think we'll crack the other two will join in and the price gets driven up, he'll no doubt pipe down now for a bit because he's gone to far. If we started reacting publically it shows we're interested in considering offers and that keeps the price low.

Yes. I thought you'd spent 99% of your time on here ripping 2 Everton managers. Thanks for confirming that for me.
I was nowhere near as bigger critic of Moyes as I was supporter I'd say 50/50 on him was fair, I can't stand Martinez though

We can't do that as we know hazard won't join and could come out and speak to the media where we don't know where stones stand right now

Screenshot_2015-07-19-12-09-58-1.webp

Doug if Stones get sold what will happen to the other want away players - it will open the floodgates - if we got 60 million do you think RM would get all of that under BK???
I doubt it very much our lack of transfer activity tells you we are not flush with funds!

I don't think he'll go this summer Joe, unless ofcourse it's for stupid money. But the other players will see the new ones comng in and just except it. It's part of football buying and selling and even tne big clubs like Chelsea, Utd and Arsenal do it.

Also I don't think we need to sell anyine to fund any incoming players at the moment, I just think we've got our targets and need to be patient until the deals done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back