Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
@davek

Its not. Not even Kenwright has the balls to sell for less than £50m this time.

If he does he deserves to be taken out in front of a wall. A select Everton XI should be armed with rifles and promptly execute our 'traitorous' chairman.

I'd volunteer too in such a circumstance.
Steady Bizzy. Steady.

In that case we should tell Chelsea(not via the media) how much we'd accept, no discussion, take it or leave it. Then if they don't accept...tell them not to contact us again about the player(in the media)[/QUOTE
Agreed. Sounds simple doesn't it. That's
what happened with Sterling in the end. RS wanted at least £40m (allowing
for QPR's cut). And thats what they got in the end.
QPR's cut).

IF. Everton were selling. With Stones having 4 years on his contract they will have to pay TOP TOP Dollar.

I'm talking higher than was paid for Stirling.

£50m +

So it won't happen. Who would we get in anyway?

Joke these journalists.

They will accept a bid thats in the low 30s (of millions) just so they can say they brought in a record amount for the club that is also bigger than the record outgoing amount.

Does anyone have any actual info on this other than "Chelsea have a bid knocked back" and "Martinez slates Chelsea", or are we all just pointlessly waffling?

If we sell Stones 1-2 days before deadline day then it shows our board again are useless. If we intend on selling, do it know and give Martinez time to fix the squad..
And that is another point. Would you trust Martinez to invest the money in rebuilding our defence. As it is we need one centre half, to lose stones would require 2 centre halves needing to be brought in. Has Martinez ever bought a decent centre half in his career?

Where is our Glorious Leader, Bill Kenwright ? Only he can save us.
bill-quotes1.jpg

They will accept a bid thats in the low 30s (of millions) just so they can say they brought in a record amount for the club that is also bigger than the record outgoing amount.

If that happens, it saddens me massively that the fans would just accept that.

There should be open protests if he is sold for anything less than £40m, and realistically it should be north of that.

There should be open protests if he is sold for anything less than £40m, and realistically it should be north of that.

True.

It should be true 'out of our dead hands' type resistance. None of this yellow belly bottler type behaviour.

Even then the chairman should come in for stick.

Him and varane at real are the 2 young best centre halves in Europe. There is a real lack of talent in this position. So stones' value should reflect that. Like I said in an earlier post come next summer there will be more than Chelsea prepared to pay top dollars for a centre half.

Everyone needs to chill out.
Our board and bobby have certain faults but ine thing we are goid at is we either keep our players or we get every penny possible for them.
Chelsea are desperate for stones if jose has started talking to the press and making everything public.
We hold all the cards here. He is our player and if we do sell (which i hope we dont) we are going to get siilly sterling money for him

Even if we do sell him then none of the money will be put back into the squad. It'll be used to end the Lukaku deficit with Chelsea and the rest being absorbed into 'other operating costs'
It's gonna be a long summer, stones is one of 3 players that will be linked away, the others will be mirallas and McCarthy and none of them should be sold.

It's down to kenwright to say no at any price and stones not to force a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back