Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does seem strange. What worries me in all this is that Chelsea are the club that are in for him. We know how young English talent has been destroyed going to city. But the opportunity to work under mourinho playing for the champions might be too much for stones to resist. What worries me even more is who would replace him. Martinez isn't exactly famous for building teams with a solid defence and losing our best defender, would be virtually irreplaceable in my eyes.

Yup cos chelsea under mourinho have a big track record of bringing ypung players through and developing english talent.

Could list a better longer list of young players effectively dumped into reserves or loans by chelsea over city mate.

Lukaku, De Bruyne, Sturridge etc etc etc

Question - Why don't we just do as Mourinho asks and issue a club statement saying he's not for sale at any price? Its not right Jose publically bidding and commenting as he is, but just call his bluff and put an end to it quick! Trouble is, our board won't do that will they? Answers on a post card for the reasons why!!

Question - Why don't we just do as Mourinho asks and issue a club statement saying he's not for sale at any price? Its not right Jose publically bidding and commenting as he is, but just call his bluff and put an end to it quick! Trouble is, our board won't do that will they? Answers on a post card for the reasons why!!

Cos he does have a price?

Because both boards are playing the 'game'.

so would you not sell for 60m? everyone player has a price unfortunately. still don't think we'll sell this year as Chelsea won't likely go above 30 and we'd want at least 40

Yup cos chelsea under mourinho have a big track record of bringing ypung players through and developing english talent.

Could list a better longer list of young players effectively dumped into reserves or loans by chelsea over city mate.

Lukaku, De Bruyne, Sturridge etc etc etc
I really hope you are right. But like I said working under mourinho might be too much to resist. Saying that according to mourinho Everton just rejected the bid, they didn't say he wasn't for sale to Chelsea. Well if that is the case tell Chelsea he is definitely not for sale and see if he is true to his word. For what's it's worth, I feel stones should stay with us for his development. He will be playing week in week out and has now broken into the England squad. Also judging by stones' comments this week I don't feel he is the type to demand a transfer.

Bleacher report saying £40mil wouldnt be enough and UTD and City both expressed interest.

Duncan castle the times journo has just DM'd me on Twitter to say Stones preferred destination is Chelsea an they have been working on this deal for a while, and Chelsea will get him if they bid £30 million (unless Everton can spark an auction) he says he has highly placed sources at Everton an Chelsea.

I'm calling BS. But we shall see.

so would you not sell for 60m? everyone player has a price unfortunately. still don't think we'll sell this year as Chelsea won't likely go above 30 and we'd want at least 40
Exactly Bud. Every player has a price. If we got an offer for £60m of course I'd recommend we accept it (if I was a member of the board!). Realisically, if it gets up to £30m a decision will have to be made in my view. Of course, as a fan I want us to say he's not for sale at any price, but this scenario very rarely end s that way (Baines saga). Hopefully this one does too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back