Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just now said twice that's not the sole measure of the club. Big vs. small, in the sport I'm paid to cover (basketball), refers only to a team's attractiveness to players. It was admittedly a poor choice of phrasing.

You can try and pick it apart all you want, but you won't find any malicious intent behind my statement.
Not trying to pick apart anything you say,I don't think you're being malicious I just think these days fans(including everton fans)accept a plucky little everton punching above their weight rhetoric,this just will not do,man city scraped theirselves out of the third division of English football on penalties against gillingham(and sold DVDs of the game)massive club!!!!

You seem to measure a club by finances,this is a symptom of the sky era of football,let's remember where Chelsea and Man City have plied their trade in the not so distant past

Like it or not, as it stands everyone around the world thinks Man City and Chelsea are a bigger club than us at the moment. It's a sad fact of life regardless of where they've been or what we won in the 60's and 80's.

I just think these days fans(including everton fans)accept a plucky little everton punching above their weight rhetoric,this just will not do.

That is an admirable and reasonable desire, one which I share. If Everton are going to break into the top four, they have to act like they're a top four side, from Kenwright down to the players.

The current landscape dictates Everton can't compete with Chelsea and City financially, so they must find inventive ways to accrue similar talent. It can be done.

Losing Stones to Chelsea would hurt, but if Everton reinvests the fee in the right players, great things can still be achieved.

You seem to measure a club by finances,this is a symptom of the sky era of football,let's remember where Chelsea and Man City have plied their trade in the not so distant past
Unfortunately - those are the teams most likely to be winning everything in the foreseeable future.

Sorry to be controversial but I agree with Mourinho on this. The window is open and Chelsea are well within their rights to make offers for Stones or anybody else. Everton are also well within their rights to reject these bids. If they don't want to sell at any price and the player is happy to stay then there's no problem.

Don't understand what Martinez is upset about to be honest. Hope Stones stays with you though
Think most of us do agree with Mourihno. The anger of being unable to keep our best players turns into fume.

How many of us reckon that Stones will be gone if a bid of over £30m comes in?

I reckon he will be off with the blessing of the board.

That is an admirable and reasonable desire, one which I share. If Everton are going to break into the top four, they have to act like they're a top four side, from Kenwright down to the players.

The current landscape dictates Everton can't compete with Chelsea and City financially, so they must find inventive ways to accrue similar talent. It can be done.

Losing Stones to Chelsea would hurt, but if Everton reinvests the fee in the right players, great things can still be achieved.
Once he's gone we'll be paying 20 million for Curtis Davies,that's how it works

How many of us reckon that Stones will be gone if a bid of over £30m comes in?

I reckon he will be off with the blessing of the board.
If Stirling is worth 49 million I think stones fee should be around the same but yep 30 million and he'll be gone

I wonder what RM will say in the press. All things considered, Chelsea's PR dept and Mourinho has played this one well - A bid is a bid and all, but negotiations are not to be public, everyone knows that. If they wanna be ruthless, let's be ruthless. We did so last year with "insulting and derisory" adn we could ALMOST have said that to this as well - even though we can't. £20m is a lot and not really warranted to that kind of comment, but surely if we were to give a reply on the same level, we could get nasty and simply tell them to not eff around and give them our money.

"We all know Chelsea are a terriffic club financially and are surely enjoying their economic imperialism in the modern football world and we respect that. But i find it disappointing that they can't value a player like John Stones at his real value and if the bid is less than double of £20m then they can go stuff it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back