Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been discussion in depth.

He stopped short of saying he's not for sale - criticised Chelsea's method, and said Everton aren't a selling club. He didn't say he wasn't for sale.

Though, "He's not for sale" is a nonsense for all football clubs - every player has a price.

If we sell after he has criticized Chelsea's methods he will make a bigger fool of himself then he did when he told Bill he will get us top 4.

Can't wait to beat Chelsea this season.
This sort of BS in the media is fantastic motivation.
When Man City did this stuff with Lescott we went on and got so many results off them in the following season. When United did it with Baines/Fellaini we did the double over them.

Nah, just stating a fact that - after mentioning Chelsea talking about other players and Everton not doing that.

I disagree, I think he's made it fairly clear he's not for sale and Stones has made it clear he has no intention to leave. Mourinho has muddied the waters, and I expect Martinez to clear them the next time we hear from him.

It doesn't matter what's been said publicly. Chelsea were told in private, in writing, the Stones wasn't for sale.

Making stuff public is designed to turn the players head and force a transfer.

They could have bid 5p - the size of the bid wasn't the point. Showing Stones their interest was.

Nah, just stating a fact that - after mentioning Chelsea talking about other players and Everton not doing that.
Bet the board give in as per usual. Every transfer window is the same. We need to stand firm and tell them where to go. They have lots of money but that doesnt make them a big team! They have no history without the help of bags of money! Come on BK grow a pair.

Bet the board give in as per usual. Every transfer window is the same. We need to stand firm and tell them where to go. They have lots of money but that doesnt make them a big team! They have no history without the help of bags of money! Come on BK grow a pair.
We barely sell big players in their prime tbh..

Rooney, lescott, Rodwell maybe? Arteta possibly? Fellaini. That in 10 years...

Don't tell a man to quit what I can only assume is his full time job, judging by the fact that a page of these threads doesn't go by without a WUM post of his.

I mean, how would you feel if I told you to jib off your career? And I don't just ask this because I enjoy the queue-skipping privileges you allow me when I go to order a Big Mac.
Mines not a career, I find its more of a hobby, rubbing my balls on your burger.
I always thought the art of good wumming was to keep it to a minimum, luring more people in. Incessantly doing it is properly boring to read.

It doesn't matter what's been said publicly. Chelsea were told in private, in writing, the Stones wasn't for sale.

Making stuff public is designed to turn the players head and force a transfer.

They could have bid 5p - the size of the bid wasn't the point. Showing Stones their interest was.

Bingo. A first bid is rarely expected to be accepted anyway.

Unless the RS are doing the bidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back