Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
wasnt that before magic mourinho made his interest known??

i reckon stones is a good un' tho and doesnt want to have to listen to the likes of john terry belittling him in post match interviews...

Dont think so mate. The Telegraph article suggests it happened a few days ago so Stones knew of the Chelsea interest during his presser comments.

I think a young player like JFS would look at JT as somebody to look up to.

I mean he would ignore his off field antics, but on the pitch hes won the lot and played at the very highest level.

I think a young player like JFS would look at JT as somebody to look up to.

I mean he would ignore his off field antics, but on the pitch hes won the lot and played at the very highest level.
I still have my doubts on the legitimacy of his champions league medal

The fact that Chelsea went public says to me that they had/have no idea if Stones would be ready to make the move. So they were basically just making sure that the message got through to Stones, in case we chose not to tell him. Which I suppose in a roundabout way a positive, City for example knew all along Sterling was ready to move, although Liverpool still got a great deal.

wasnt that before magic mourinho made his interest known??

i reckon stones is a good un' tho and doesnt want to have to listen to the likes of john terry belittling him in post match interviews...

He's not even married. Imagine Terry around ya youngsters bird. Little rat.

Wayne Bridge likes this.

Its not tapping up when you make public bids.
They were told no, in writing, so then they try to unsettle the player by going public, Chelski started off hush hush thinking we'll jump at 26m and get it done before the Arabs and Van Gaal get wind of it.

They are shooting themselves in the foot because all they have done is alert Man City and Utd to what they are up to, who will be equally interested in acquiring the future England Captain in waiting.

That's IF he was for sale, which he isn't.

Let's exercise a bit of dignity, like we always say we conduct our business. Let them bid all they want. Until they reach a point where we can no longer refuse, which is obviously what our board want otherwise they'd just either put up a not for sale sign or a ridiculously high price tag on his head.

The fact that Chelsea went public says to me that they had/have no idea if Stones would be ready to make the move. So they were basically just making sure that the message got through to Stones, in case we chose not to tell him. Which I suppose in a roundabout way a positive, City for example knew all along Sterling was ready to move, although Liverpool still got a great deal.
Of course he knew about the offer

The club would be duty bound to keep the agent I the loop if they didn't you can be 100% sure that any club making an offer would be sure that the agent became aware

Some of the comments on here are quite frankly naive in terms of how they think transfers come about.

Of course he knew about the offer

The club would be duty bound to keep the agent I the loop if they didn't you can be 100% sure that any club making an offer would be sure that the agent became aware

Some of the comments on here are quite frankly naive in terms of how they think transfers come about.
So why would it unsettle him by them going public, if he already knew?

Anyhow I'm sure he did know, but my original point was Chelsea an Jose wanted to make sure of it, and this has done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back