Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he knew about the offer

The club would be duty bound to keep the agent I the loop if they didn't you can be 100% sure that any club making an offer would be sure that the agent became aware

Some of the comments on here are quite frankly naive in terms of how they think transfers come about.

And yet Stones made a point of saying how his aims lay with Everton this season. After being aware of the bid.

Which suggest he either: genuinely isn't interested, or hasn't been instructed by his agent to keep quiet like Lescott was.

And Lescott had the same agent that Stones has.

The offer was disclosed by Sky Sources. Chelsea of course haven't denied of course making the offer, how could they but none of these high profile transfers are as straight forward or indeed transparent as some clearly believe they are

It was in the press as long ago as January that Chelsea were interested and I for one very much doubt that a £20 million bid would have been Chelsea's first offer nor do I believe it will be their last. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a further package is already be put to the club

What I do know is that if they really want the player and he wants to go then irrespective of what either the manager or the Chairman say in public the player will go. The issue will be more about price and how that can be packaged to Evertons advantage. In other words a player on loan for nothing ( I wouldn't at all be surprised if that player is Zouma ) worth a chunk of money but not reflected in a fee that would have to be shared with Barnsley and or something to do with monies still owed for Lukaku

Now 26m plus a player !!!!!!!!!!!

sauce.webp

?????

....on Talksport Alan Brazil said he was chatting a little while ago with John Terry who was raving about Stones. I'm sure unofficial approaches have been made to the player ahead of a bid to gauge if he is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back