Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard to know just how
What if it was £30m with a season long loan to us.
I don't understand this loan back to us bit.
If they buy him it is against the clubs wishes, to last thing we want to do is improve him further for Chelsea.
If there is a player we want as part of the deal on a permanent deal then fair enough, but no loans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Is he just playing silly beggars and being a prat, or is he genuinely missing the point?

It's NOT about the bids! Martinez has already stated he welcomes the bids as it's a complement that we've got good players that people want.

The issue that Martinez is talking about is publically discussing a player contracted to another club in a blatant attempt to unsettle him and turn his head.

Oh and he's belittling us with the "small club" stuff.

It is hard to know just how

I don't understand this loan back to us bit.
If they buy him it is against the clubs wishes, to last thing we want to do is improve him further for Chelsea.
If there is a player we want as part of the deal on a permanent deal then fair enough, but no loans.

It wouldn't be the first time in the history of the game for such a thing to happen.

I get what you're saying, but this is a very important season for us and the manager. Losing Stones would not be useful in any way, shape, or form. Would give us a season to find a proper replacement instead of two weeks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Is he just playing silly beggars and being a prat, or is he genuinely missing the point?

It's NOT about the bids! Martinez has already stated he welcomes the bids as it's a complement that we've got good players that people want.

The issue that Martinez is talking about is publically discussing a player contracted to another club in a blatant attempt to unsettle him and turn his head.

Oh and he's belittling us with the "small club" stuff.

All that tells me is nothing has moved on.

Not one article saying he wants to leave has any substance.
When more than one paper or media outlet reports it I tend to worry, this in terms of the way it's developing is the same as when Barkley got injured 2 days before the start of last season. On the Friday evening there was a few tweets saying he was injured, people the mentioned it on here, they were called bells for believing Twitter, a couple of hours later it was confirmed he was injured.

This won't move that quickly and if he goes it will be for a massive fee, but it will send ourmt a terrible message to the fans. As baring injury he will be worth at least the same next summer.

When more than one paper or media outlet reports it I tend to worry, this in terms of the way it's developing is the same as when Barkley got injured 2 days before the start of last season. On the Friday evening there was a few tweets saying he was injured, people the mentioned it on here, they were called bells for believing Twitter, a couple of hours later it was confirmed he was injured.

This won't move that quickly and if he goes it will be for a massive fee, but it will send ourmt a terrible message to the fans. As baring injury he will be worth at least the same next summer.

My worry that. It is a carbon copy of squillions of transfers.

In truth the profile of the player when at Barnsley and now at Everton is at a whole different level

The world of transfers is a murky world and just about all clubs will employ whatever tactics they can to get what they want. Indeed Everton are the most recent PL club to be found guilty of making an illegal approach

Chelsea may well have confirmed the bid but the evidence seems to be pointing toward someone outside the two clubs and all this could have been put to bed once and for all if the club made a statement saying what Mourino has suggested Everton should say if the player really is off limits From that point on if Chelsea continued their pursuit then the story and the message would be totally one sided
Seems simple to me so the question is why hasn't the club been 100% clear or if as they say it was contained in a letter just publish the letter and be donee its it

I would be amazed if there wasn't a lot of interest from other clubs like City, Utd Arsenal, Madrid, Barca, Bayern if Everton were prepared to sell John Stones.
He is a footballing centeback that would dovetail so well with the style of most of those clubs.
I think that if Everton did decide to sell that Stones would have a bigger decision to make than Chelsea may think.

However, I genuinely think the club are expecting him to stay. If they thought he was going for a fee in excess of 30m they could esily have paid the money for their preferred centreback Scot Dann.

On a side issue, how good is Michael Keane at Burnley, highly recommended by Rio Ferdinand and we are in the market for a centreback.

When he leaves il be selling my season ticket i feel like why should i bother backing the club if they have no ambition and cave in at the first opportunity.

If the lad wants to leave fair play cant really blame him getting champions league football and playing for a club that has money to back the ambitions.

Hopefully it doesnt come down to the club because we all know theres only one outcome for greedy bill and his board members.

We need another defender as it is if one of our other young centre backs go out on loan, and a playmaker. This is probably gonna cost a minimum of £20m to get 2 decent players (1 starter, 1 squad), so selling Stones even as high as £35m means....

£35m
-£15-20m to replace him
-£5-10m to get centre back cover
-£15-20m to get a good playmaker
-£5-10m to give to Barnsley (depending on how that works)

If we still Stones but also want to improve the quality of the squad, we need £60m+ to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back