Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
When more than one paper or media outlet reports it I tend to worry, this in terms of the way it's developing is the same as when Barkley got injured 2 days before the start of last season. On the Friday evening there was a few tweets saying he was injured, people the mentioned it on here, they were called bells for believing Twitter, a couple of hours later it was confirmed he was injured.

This won't move that quickly and if he goes it will be for a massive fee, but it will send ourmt a terrible message to the fans. As baring injury he will be worth at least the same next summer.

Put it into perspective. Friday he wanted to stay.
Saturday plays game.
Sunday travels back with squad.
Home in Barnsley now.

Only press saying it are based in America WITH Chelsea and its primarily the Daily Mail.

Also in one article it says he wants to leave despite saying on Friday he wants to stay.
There is no substance.

It wouldn't be the first time in the history of the game for such a thing to happen.

I get what you're saying, but this is a very important season for us and the manager. Losing Stones would not be useful in any way, shape, or form. Would give us a season to find a proper replacement instead of two weeks.
ILC.
Normally I have no problem with loan deals, it's just in this case I think it would be inappropriate, taking our player and temporarily loaning us one instead of giving us real money.

If they have some really talented youngsters , take them on a permanent deal or not at all.
I know that Bamford is gone to Palace but taking a young player like on a permanent deal gives you a chance of maybe getting an even better deal off Chelsea.

All hypothetical we know, just ttying to look around corners.

We need another defender as it is if one of our other young centre backs go out on loan, and a playmaker. This is probably gonna cost a minimum of £20m to get 2 decent players (1 starter, 1 squad), so selling Stones even as high as £35m means....

£35m
-£15-20m to replace him
-£5-10m to get centre back cover
-£15-20m to get a good playmaker
-£5-10m to give to Barnsley (depending on how that works)

If we still Stones but also want to improve the quality of the squad, we need £60m+ to do that.

Why would we pay 15 - 20 mil for a centreback? That i can guarantee would never happen and that's why we have scouts to find good centre backs at a decent price.

Don't sell him unless he wants to go AND they offer 40 mil of more.

Forget Moses as part of the deal. Give us the extra cash to pay Burnley the sell on. If we take a player for the deal, take Piazon. He's a 10.

But I'd rather we keep him and sell early in the window next year, again only for 40 mil or more, and only if he insists.

God it's depressing being an Evertonian lately.

What a sad state of affairs when there is a sense of inevitability that we simply cannot hold onto our stars, the bigger clubs with money behind them will simply come along and cherry pick them. Do you ever wonder what is the point of devoting so much time and money to Everton, we can't hold onto our stars to build and become stronger, we will simply always have a season or two of our star players being boss and then the money clubs will take them off our hands.

Stones, McCarthy and Mirallas, arguably our 3 highest quality players are currently being linked with moves away. I simply don't believe we can reinvest (or I don;t trust Martinez to do it), we'll never make progress if we keep selling off our assets.

Blah blah blah, i'm obviously in a bad mood today. Whatever, do what you want Everton, I have no influence over what you do, i'm just tagging along for the ride, whether I like it or not.

Why would we pay 15 - 20 mil for a centreback? That i can guarantee would never happen and that's why we have scouts to find good centre backs at a decent price.
But that is the problem, there aren't that many good ones with league experience that cost less than that.

Even young foreign talented ones aren't cheap - Zouma cost Chelsea 12m for example and Managla cost around 40m. Arsenal spent 16m on Chambers and 12m on Gabriel - surely if there were ball playing CBs lying around for cheaper Wenger is likely to have tried to sign them?

...for someone to replace Stones, it will need to be someone better than all the centre backs we've been linked with. Someone mentioned Palace would want £18m for Dann, so imagine how much a decent centre back would cost.

The point is, we can't afford Stones to leave for less than 60m

God it's depressing being an Evertonian lately.

What a sad state of affairs when there is a sense of inevitability that we simply cannot hold onto our stars, the bigger clubs with money behind them will simply come along and cherry pick them. Do you ever wonder what is the point of devoting so much time and money to Everton, we can't hold onto our stars to build and become stronger, we will simply always have a season or two of our star players being boss and then the money clubs will take them off our hands.

Stones, McCarthy and Mirallas, arguably our 3 highest quality players are currently being linked with moves away. I simply don't believe we can reinvest (or I don;t trust Martinez to do it), we'll never make progress if we keep selling off our assets.

Blah blah blah, i'm obviously in a bad mood today. Whatever, do what you want Everton, I have no influence over what you do, i'm just tagging along for the ride, whether I like it or not.
Its all hype at the moment, like every Evertontonian we all have are doubts just have to keep the faith!
Roll on September the 1st!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back