Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange comments from Mourinho. It is hard to see what he is trying to achieve apart from making Everton dig in their heels even further .
Is he expecting the FA to insist that CL clubs are allowed to buy top English players at a discount.
As he said himself that is the market , every player has their price. In this circumstance Everton are in a strong position and if Chelsea want their man, then pay up.
However, as we keep saying in recent times Chelsea are not spending on the big transfers, by the standards of the clubs that they compare themselves to.

We sent them a letter saying he's not for sale.

They put in a £20m bid.

Then they publicise us turning it down.

Apparently we didn't say "at any price" in our letter.

Now apparently our manager is in lala-land for speaking out.

And English players cost too much. (This is actually true).

I'm happy we're keeping the high ground. We don't need to respond to Mourinho, it only serves his purposes. It was almost a mistake for Roberto to say anything in the first place, as it helped kick things off. Needed to be said though.

And people wonder why it's so quiet on our own transfer front. It's because we do it the right way.
well said mate

So badly pointless for us to sell.

The money would just go on two centre backs. Well the money we'd be allowed to spend.

It's not happening.

image.webp

If Mourinho really has said those things to offend us then that's not really the right thing to do.

You don't offend the selling club.

That's another £5m please.

(not that I'm offended to be honest)

If Mourinho really has said those things to offend us then that's not really the right thing to do.

You don't offend the selling club.

That's another £5m please.

(not that I'm offended to be honest)

This. You don't talk bad about the team you're negotiating with, especially when you're not on the best of terms to begin with.

He'll pack it in when we reject a 30 Million + bid.

Im so proud of how the club has dealt with this.

You can tell Mourinho is chucking a tantrum because he is not getting what he wants.

I actually think the club have found enough financial stability to allow us to only sell when we want too.

Btw shoutouts and Lulz to all lurking Chelsea supporters, your club can do one! :bye:

Would be interesting to find out of Stines wants out, because if he does he'll get his way, it will then look like Mourinho has taken the piss and then won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back