Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got any examples as to who you mean? Just trying to think of other clubs CB signings over the past couple of years and the only decent one for a good fee that I can recall is Eric Dier for 4m and he hasn't even really shone yet.

Jags and Distin were great buys but they were still 4m and 5m in 2006 and 2009 - prices have inflated a lot since then.

Unfortunately i'm not a FIFA 15 hero so im not going to throw out some random names that no-one has ever heard of :)

A couple that spring to mind though, only a couple of years ago Atletico signed Alderweireld for less than 5 million from Ajax. Nastasic has just signed for Schalke from Man City for 6.5m. Was unlucky at Man City i thought as he did not get a good run in the team and a good young prospect in my opinion.

In all honesty though is that not why we have a scouting network. To unearth these gems to bring into our team, seeing as we cannot compete with the big transfer fees, for the more well established star players?

Don't see the appeal of loans in return if a deal goes down. What would be the point when we would actually have some funds to bring young talent in?

Also I wouldn't want to loan back Stones for a year. It would be an awkward situation, not good for anyone. Like breaking up with a girl but still living together.

Im so proud of how the club has dealt with this.

You can tell Mourinho is chucking a tantrum because he is not getting what he wants.

I actually think the club have found enough financial stability to allow us to only sell when we want too.

Btw shoutouts and Lulz to all lurking Chelsea supporters, your club can do one! :bye:

Pointless mate, most of them will have to use google translate to understand English and its notoriously unreliable

image.webp

Don't see the appeal of loans in return if a deal goes down. What would be the point when we would actually have some funds to bring young talent in?

Also I wouldn't want to loan back Stones for a year. It would be an awkward situation, not good for anyone. Like breaking up with a girl but still living together.

Or banging her until she goes back to jamal

Realistically it would be a poor decision by stones himself, the same teams will still be hovering around him nxt year, tho if he leaves now thats a year holding him back on there bench and missing out on the euro’s nxt year! he seems a very well brought up lad, good head on his shoulders and prob still goes round his parents each wk for a sunday roast. he wont be handing in no transfer request, not this year anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back