Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont see the point stones going chelsea he may aswell wait with us until a european giant like barca/real madrid come calling ! dont set ya targets low stonesy ya better than chelsea !

he seems a very well brought up lad, good head on his shoulders and prob still goes round his parents each wk for a sunday roast.

cue Jose showing up 'round there next week with a bottle of that crap fizzy portugese rose' in the flat bottle the fkn greasy c unt

We sent them a letter saying he's not for sale.

They put in a £20m bid.

Then they publicise us turning it down.

Apparently we didn't say "at any price" in our letter.

Now apparently our manager is in lala-land for speaking out.

And English players cost too much. (This is actually true).

I'm happy we're keeping the high ground. We don't need to respond to Mourinho, it only serves his purposes. It was almost a mistake for Roberto to say anything in the first place, as it helped kick things off. Needed to be said though.

And people wonder why it's so quiet on our own transfer front. It's because we do it the right way.

It's the arrogance of the top clubs, they have more money than everyone else but get annoyed when teams don't give them their best players on the cheap. Cry me a river Jose. How about giving one of your twenty kids in the reserves a run out instead.

Darren Lewis article is baffling.
Says he understands they may play Stones upto 30 times next year should he move.
Pure desperation in my eyes.
Every single article over the last few days championing this has come from America and the same people each day.

Who is the biggest Toffee here? Who will cry the most when he leaves, and then issue the biggest rallying call?

Unfortunately i'm not a FIFA 15 hero so im not going to throw out some random names that no-one has ever heard of :)

A couple that spring to mind though, only a couple of years ago Atletico signed Alderweireld for less than 5 million from Ajax. Nastasic has just signed for Schalke from Man City for 6.5m. Was unlucky at Man City i thought as he did not get a good run in the team and a good young prospect in my opinion.

In all honesty though is that not why we have a scouting network. To unearth these gems to bring into our team, seeing as we cannot compete with the big transfer fees, for the more well established star players?
Ha, not a Fifa player either so am similarly confused when people mention random names!

We do have a scouting network, Moyes spent quite a lot of time setting it up iirc, but other premier league clubs do as well and from what I can see they aren't finding too many inexpensive gems - or if they do the selling club immediately up the price because it is a premier league club (rumoured to be what happened with anderlech and hence our shady loan with Olympiacos)

Guess we'll see how good our scouting netork is with the playmaker as Martinez is meant to be looking at a foreign player for the role.

Ha, not a Fifa player either so am similarly confused when people mention random names!

We do have a scouting network, Moyes spent quite a lot of time setting it up iirc, but other premier league clubs do as well and from what I can see they aren't finding too many inexpensive gems - or if they do the selling club immediately up the price because it is a premier league club (rumoured to be what happened with anderlech and hence our shady loan with Olympiacos)

Guess we'll see how good our scouting netork is with the playmaker as Martinez is meant to be looking at a foreign player for the role.

Lets just hope and pray we find a good one, because we will definitely need him for the new season. I cannot go through another season like last years insipid [Poor language removed]!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back