Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have said the same thing without the disrespect though.

"Smaller other clubs" is a dismissive phrase and antagonistic.

Honestly, for me, it is rapidly approaching the point where it's worth more to Everton to say "not available at any price" and retain the clubs' integrity than sell him.

I'd love it if we published a letter sent to Chelsea saying the price is £50m, not a penny less. Chelsea want it public; let's make it public.

Kinda reminds me of the Moyes comments about Baines after he went Man u mate and we saw how it worked for him

Everton reject bid which equals 29 year old James milners income for 30 months.

The fee is irrelevant as we cannot compete with the wages being paid. No matter what we think of John stones as a person he would earn mega bucks at Chelsea.

This ultimately could be our downfall.

God it's depressing being an Evertonian lately.

What a sad state of affairs when there is a sense of inevitability that we simply cannot hold onto our stars, the bigger clubs with money behind them will simply come along and cherry pick them. Do you ever wonder what is the point of devoting so much time and money to Everton, we can't hold onto our stars to build and become stronger, we will simply always have a season or two of our star players being boss and then the money clubs will take them off our hands.

Stones, McCarthy and Mirallas, arguably our 3 highest quality players are currently being linked with moves away. I simply don't believe we can reinvest (or I don;t trust Martinez to do it), we'll never make progress if we keep selling off our assets.

Blah blah blah, i'm obviously in a bad mood today. Whatever, do what you want Everton, I have no influence over what you do, i'm just tagging along for the ride, whether I like it or not.

It ain't just us, Anna.

It is every club bar a handful who have this money to chuck around and are turning the heads of players at all clubs outside their mega billion budgets.

Chelsea themselves will find themselves in the same boat when Real turn their attention to Hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back