Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
In London today and got talking with a Chelsea fan in the office

He was resolute they will get him, he said simply they will unsettle him and keep raising the transfer fee.

He said it isn't right what they do, but that is how it works as money talks and they have plenty of it.

I was dying to argue with him but I had no argument - we will sell when it hits a certain price

Tis is what I hate about the Prem....

I wouldn't bother arguing with him.

Like the rest of us, he has no idea what us going on behind the scenes.

Struggling to disagree with Mourinho if I'm absolutely honest. At least on the stuff about the timing of the bid. Martinez complaining that this is a less than ideal time to be trying to buy one of our key players. But mourinho is right - it's the middle of the window for transfers.
If Martinez is worried that we don't have adequate cover in the position, then whose fault is that? Every man and his dog knew Distin and Alcaraz would be out of here on 1st July, and yet we've not replaced them. That's not Chelsea'a problem. They've seen a player they want and have bid for him.

Also, we are the kings of leaving our business until the last possible moment to save dosh - even if it's lousy on the club we are buying from. McCarthy, Barry etc came last minute, even though we'd lined them up for months. We will do the same with Lennon. So to speak of Chelsea's bid as being too late is a bit of a cheek.

As for us being a smaller club...Well...in modern terms.........truth hurts doesn't it.

"Don't sell John Stones, super Jonny Stones, I don't think you seem to understand and if you sell john stobes super jonny stones, you'll have a f*ckin riot on your hands"

Didn't Mourinho do sommat similiar with United a couple years ago.....started talking about signing up Wayne.
Yes, despite United making it clear both publicly and privately that he wasn't for sale Chelsea made repeated bids and Mourinho discussed it openly in the press

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...admits-Wayne-Rooney-transfer-bid-is-over.html
Jose Mourinho says he has called a halt to Chelsea’s pursuit of Wayne Rooney, claiming that Manchester United were adamant the England striker would not be sold to a domestic rival. Rooney is likely to miss Sunday’s trip to Stamford Bridge with a continuation of his groin injury, and his manager David Moyes also said yesterday that he was not for sale.

Chelsea tried to prise Rooney away from Old Trafford last summer, during his rift with United. They made successive and public bids of £20 million and £30 million to force the issue, and while United made it clear both publicly and privately that Rooney would not be sold, Chelsea’s interest remained undimmed. Now, with Fernando Torres approaching some sort of form, Mourinho appears to have admitted defeat.

Yes, despite United making it clear both publicly and privately that he wasn't for sale Chelsea made repeated bids and Mourinho discussed it openly in the press

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...admits-Wayne-Rooney-transfer-bid-is-over.html
Jose Mourinho says he has called a halt to Chelsea’s pursuit of Wayne Rooney, claiming that Manchester United were adamant the England striker would not be sold to a domestic rival. Rooney is likely to miss Sunday’s trip to Stamford Bridge with a continuation of his groin injury, and his manager David Moyes also said yesterday that he was not for sale.

Chelsea tried to prise Rooney away from Old Trafford last summer, during his rift with United. They made successive and public bids of £20 million and £30 million to force the issue, and while United made it clear both publicly and privately that Rooney would not be sold, Chelsea’s interest remained undimmed. Now, with Fernando Torres approaching some sort of form, Mourinho appears to have admitted defeat.

So even if a club says "he's not for sale" it won't stop Mourinho being a [Poor language removed]? Surprise surprise.

I'd really rather see Stones move to a footballing bastion like Utd than go to Chelsea and join Mourinho sycophants.

We've played this prefect.

Yet again Mourinho is spouting nonsense to his press hacks and hoping to rile Stone's camp into making a rash mistake while we keep the player and bide our time letting everyone in football know Chelsea our desperate for Stones but if they want him he'll cost them mega money.

Well played to Martinez and the board, by saying nothing you've told the football community we don't sell cheap and we won't be bullied.
We are like the gorgeous bird who won't put out. We have the power because we have what someone wants and we aren't giving it away. Mourinho will just have to go home and jerk off.

We are like the gorgeous bird who won't put out. We have the power because we have what someone wants and we aren't giving it away. Mourinho will just have to go home and jerk off.
Cue Stones coming out in a few days requesting the move...

We have 4 games before the window shuts, if we are going to sell, and i dont think we will, no reason why we cant at least get a few out of them out of the way first. Them games at Spurs and Southampton will be hard, even at this early stage we know they are sides who we will want to be going against in the table, and even this early on we really cant lose them.
Play them and then sell if we have to, makes no odds to Chelsea because they wont play him anyway.

We have 4 games before the window shuts, if we are going to sell, and i dont think we will, no reason why we cant at least get a few out of them out of the way first. Them games at Spurs and Southampton will be hard, even at this early stage we know they are sides who we will want to be going against in the table, and even this early on we really cant lose them.
Play them and then sell if we have to, makes no odds to Chelsea because they wont play him anyway.
And when the window shuts we have no one in to replace them?

I love Stones but he's not some sort of miracle defender that wins us points on his own, if we actually do sell him I'd rather we get a replacement in ASAP and get him and Jags to gel in time for the new season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back