Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the same article, they say he's 'unlikely to force a move.' Yet they start the piece off with sensationalist bollocks trying to imply Stones is gonna force a move.

All the broadsheets are now open to click-bait. Make no mistake about it. It's journalism and self-promotion at it's, err, absolute worst.
tbh the whole thing is riddled with contradictions and dubious information.

For instance the "triple his wages" - Stones is widely reported to be on 30k at the moment which would mean 90k and yet just last year Mourinho said that one of the things that stopped him signing Shaw was that his 100k wages would destroy his wage structure
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28498546
Mourinho says Shaw's reported wages of around £100,000 a week were too large. "If we pay to a 19-year-old boy what we were being asked for, to sign Luke Shaw, we are dead," said Mourinho."We would have killed our stability with financial fair play and killed the stability in our dressing room, because when you pay that much to a 19-year-old kid - a good player, fantastic player - but when you pay that amount of money, the next day, we would have had players knocking on our door.

And Azpuiliecueta is only on 70k a week and with Ivanovic not being offered a new contract and Filippe Luiz going back to Atletico he is their most important full back - yet offering Stones 20k more???
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...0k-week-excellent-season-Stamford-Bridge.html

tbh the whole thing is riddled with contradictions and dubious information.

For instance the "triple his wages" - Stones is widely reported to be on 30k at the moment which would mean 90k and yet just last year Mourinho said that one of the things that stopped him signing Shaw was that his 100k wages would destroy his wage structure
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28498546
Mourinho says Shaw's reported wages of around £100,000 a week were too large. "If we pay to a 19-year-old boy what we were being asked for, to sign Luke Shaw, we are dead," said Mourinho."We would have killed our stability with financial fair play and killed the stability in our dressing room, because when you pay that much to a 19-year-old kid - a good player, fantastic player - but when you pay that amount of money, the next day, we would have had players knocking on our door.

And Azpuiliecueta is only on 70k a week and with Ivanovic not being offered a new contract and Filippe Luiz going back to Atletico he is their most important full back - yet offering Stones 20k more???
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...0k-week-excellent-season-Stamford-Bridge.html

I wouldn't believe Jose if he told me that cheese was made from milk.

Fair play to him like - He's got the London media mafia in his pocket, but he's not fooling me. Nor is he fooling the media in Spain or Italy.

He's a good manager though.

Fair play to him like - He's got the London media mafia in his pocket, but he's not fooling me. Nor is he fooling the media in Spain or Italy.

A very good manager, if he came here we'd at least win a cup

He is an excellent manager but part of what makes him successful is his combative nature.

He only really seems happy when he can claim he's being unfairly treated (like the "campaign" the refs had against Chelsea last season) or getting into a war of words with another manager Wenger, Pellegrini or even worse with Villanova.

He positively enjoys winding people up, would be entertaining to see him vs some GOT practitioners of the art ;)

He is an excellent manager but part of what makes him successful is his combative nature.

He only really seems happy when he can claim he's being unfairly treated (like the "campaign" the refs had against Chelsea last season) or getting into a war of words with another manager Wenger, Pellegrini or even worse with Villanova.

He positively enjoys winding people up, would be entertaining to see him vs some GOT practitioners of the art ;)

I think it's much simpler than that mate. He's the front, the gaffer. He can make headlines and he can bear the brunt of the MSM spotlight. His players love him for it.

Thing is... If we do keep him he and his agent are going to want wages which reflect his £30m+ valuation.

So pay him, if the club considers him worthy of a starting place for the next decade then that is reflected in his take home pay. No more [Poor language removed] footing around the issue, either pay your best players as near as top whack as you can or someone else will. Believe it or not it was the same in the bad old days when clubs were owned by a local solicitor or a nearby car merchant. What clubs relied upon then was a ground and squeezing huge crowds in to bolster pay funds....

Between the miserable performances out in Singapore and now this Stones speculation, pre season optimism and the general feel good factor we used to experience at this time of year has completely evaporated already.

Last year it was the injury to Ross which put a dampener on the season opener.

The year before it was the Fellani/Baines to United saga.

I have got now I hate the run up to the season and can never settle down until this infernal transfer window shuts.

Between the miserable performances out in Singapore and now this Stones speculation, pre season optimism and the general feel good factor we used to experience at this time of year has completely evaporated already.

Last year it was the injury to Ross which put a dampener on the season opener.

The year before it was the Fellani/Baines to United saga.

I have got now I hate the run up to the season and can never settle down until this infernal transfer window shuts.

When did Coleman get that blister that went septic on his foot during a pre season USA campaign? That was no cake walk either.

Would be perfect come derby time with us, particularly given how he loathes that lot.

As I said, I'd love to have him here. Seems to be able to get the most out of players and is very pragmatic.
He knows how to not lose is probably the best way to describe him, and his teams play very effective football. Not always pretty but always effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back