Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had a proper board the sale of stones would be bearable . The proceeds were then spent on making us better I could deal with this. Stones goes and we will get evans and some other looser as back up and the rest of the cash will vanish as usual. This is what hurts !!!

Don't post much and not at all into hearsay but allegedly we still owe 17m for Lukaku to Chelski... a smidge to Barnsley for their cut....don't leave a lot...if hes off...Id say keep Stonesy...spend some real money on some new players and err maybe we get some feel good factor going.. No idea where all this tv money is going ....Up the toffs

John Stones would like to move to Chelsea to further his career and hopes Everton will consider selling him this summer (The Independent).

didnt we think that independednt is quality paper?

John Stones would like to move to Chelsea to further his career and hopes Everton will consider selling him this summer (The Independent).

Just rehashing a story that's been covered today by the London Evening Standard and something else, Telegraph I think, but there's zero quotes from Stones.

From the same article:

"While Stones will not try to force a move through to the capital and is unlikely to hand in a transfer request, he is hopeful the two clubs can come to an agreement."

Basically backtracking on all the bs and sensationalist bollocks that they wrote before that.

Clearly Everton are doing something right as Mourinho is tipping some toys out of the cot now. I'm less confident in Stones staying than I was a few days ago, but I'd still be surprised if he left.

And when the window shuts we have no one in to replace them?

No we do that first, Liverpool decided they were going to sell Sterling and where spending that money weeks ago, i still dont think we will sell him but if we do lets get the replacement first, not after.

Clearly Everton are doing something right as Mourinho is tipping some toys out of the cot now. I'm less confident in Stones staying than I was a few days ago, but I'd still be surprised if he left.

Good point this, normally he is too cool for school, we are doing something right but when it comes to getting top and often over the odds coin we usually do.

Certainly more reliable than the likes of the Express or Metro for their own reporting.

However, if you are meaning this article
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...r-as-blues-table-26m-second-bid-10404040.html
then they seem to be relaying info from the London Evening Standard who are in turn using the comments of a Chelsea source without any quotes in any of it so hard to judge how reliable it is.

Certainly more reliable than the likes of the Express or Metro for their own reporting.

However, if you are meaning this article
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...r-as-blues-table-26m-second-bid-10404040.html
then they seem to be relaying info from the London Evening Standard who are in turn using the comments of a Chelsea source without any quotes in any of it so hard to judge how reliable it is.

In the same article, they say he's 'unlikely to force a move.' Yet they start the piece off with sensationalist bollocks trying to imply Stones is gonna force a move.

All the broadsheets are now open to click-bait. Make no mistake about it. It's journalism and self-promotion at it's, err, absolute worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back