Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the rest of us, as an Evertonian I'm not naive enough to think he will definitely be here when the window closes but I find this all a tad weird.

Weird, in the sense that Stones has come out and said he's very happy at the club. But then the independent of all papers is reporting that he wants to move.

This statement just doesn't seem to fit the personality of Stones who, each and every time I've seen him in an interview, states how much he enjoys being at Everton, wants to stay and improve.

Generally, I don't think there is smoke without fire, even in the ridiculous tabloid papers. Of course there is the odd snippet which is just to fill empty space, but in the main I think agents and intermediaries do tip off the papers. I think McCarthy is annoyed by his contract, and I think Stones has intimidated to someone that he'd want to chat to Chelsea "just to see what's on offer".

Massive shame if we lose him, but we will still be Everton without him.
His comment about being happy was before Chelsea made their first bid.

The lad is interested in the move, but isn't going to disrespect the club by stomping his feet and demanding it.

If he stays will depend on how high Chelsea go to test the clubs resolve. Every player has their price.

Stones would of new about Chelsea's interest long before the bid was made so for him to come Out and say he is happy At everton says it all really.

Because it's not like he's trying to do the same to Everton or anything. Trying to force us into a corner with Stones.

Chelsea don't even need him anyway. We do.

The media just make things up and put whatever they want to appease their audience. All this stuff about "Stones is believed to be interested in a move" is made up by them. In reality, I would actually question Stones mentality as a man, and footballer if he wasn't interested in that kind of move. Champions of England, ridiculous wages, recent CL winners, London location, more exposure and fame. If any of us had this kind of potential job offer on the table, would we not be interested too? lol

But the fact they're running with it in the papers is just made up to please their audience as there are no quotes whatsoever.

I would like him to stay as I think he's going to be the best English defender for years but we shouldn't settle for less than £40m. It's an outrageous price for someone who has proved so little at this stage, but with Luiz being £50m, Shaw £30m and Managala £32m then why can't we ask for £40m minimum? He pisses all over those.

Funny that Jose won't be hell to ransom but in the same context valued luiz at 50 million

If they come back simply use that valuation to our favour

Then tell him to do one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back