Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't think this transfer would actually come off but looking at the bookies prices stones is 1/5 on to be a Chelsea player next season. Think it's pretty much a done deal behind the scenes.

Didn't think this transfer would actually come off but looking at the bookies prices stones is 1/5 on to be a Chelsea player next season. Think it's pretty much a done deal behind the scenes.

More guess work. And people with more money than sense placing bets.
We've been odds-on to sign many players (Bellamy, Roy Keane...) and even Baines was odds-on to join United.

Does anyone else suspect that kenwright is playing a blinder here, just keeping quiet, dignified, statesmanlike etc ?

Jose and Abramovic won't be used to negotiating at this level, they'll be panicking, questioning what this means, questioning themselves etc. Finally at the appropriate time, Bill will stand proud, erect, unashamed in full view of the watching world to tell them all that Everton are not a selling club, not under his watch, and that Peter Johnson is long gone.

At that point Chelsea will either fold or pay £75M to avoid utter humiliation.

@nil satis
@bourneblue
@Steve Wigan
@bizzaro

We've played this prefect.

Yet again Mourinho is spouting nonsense to his press hacks and hoping to rile Stone's camp into making a rash mistake while we keep the player and bide our time letting everyone in football know Chelsea our desperate for Stones but if they want him he'll cost them mega money.

Well played to Martinez and the board, by saying nothing you've told the football community we don't sell cheap and we won't be bullied.

Just me and Dougie so far

Yawn...does Mourinho ever give up spouting his self-serving crap?

Grow a pair Everton...tell him we don't deal with people who publicly insult a club of our stature

It will be the same source as feed the original story as is now feeding the press with stories regarding Stones wanting out

As I said last night the solution to all this is very simple if a letter has, as the club state, has been sent publish it or issue a statement in plain and clear English that no matter what is offered the club will not sale.

I had a quick look again at the last set of accounts and as we all know the results showed a profit

The trouble is that since the end of the 13/14 period the club have not made any significant profit from player trading indeed there has been a significant outlay . Unless anyone is aware of a huge uplift in any of the revenue streams then it seems to me that it's back to either a small loss or small profit leaving little room to manoeuvre.

Upping his wages to say £60k. a week would be a huge statement but there is no doubt he would be offered more should he indeed be sold on.

The next set of accounts to be published will be the second of the first three year FFP cycle and whilst there is no problem with the bottom line the huge uplift in TV revenues will be excluded from wage rise affordability and as yet we have no idea the impact the signing of Besic , Barry and indeed Lukaku will have had added to that of course will be the new contracts that were handed out and as was suggested to me those numbers were a factor as to why Eto so quickly departed

its all well and good saying he is not that interested in money but that is tosh he is a professional footballer and being around other professional footballers both at the club and when away on International duty he will be well aware of what is on offer elsewhere and again as anyone who has been involved in football will know the first line of tapping up and indeed meaningful enquires other than agents is conducted by players.

We read in the press all sorts of bits and pieces about both this and other transfers a lot is of course no more than speculation fuelled by agents trying to make a buck or two more often than not there isn't any interest in the player but what is clear that there is interest in this Stones and indeed an offer is on the table.

Keeping a player that wants away is almost impossible even if you convince them to do just that that will come at a price be it a new contract be it a guarantee that will be able to leave in say 12 months

As an aside I understand that at the end of July a £4.5 million payment is due to Chelsea and that players names that are being floated is Romeu and Ake who it seems are also wanted by Leicester

Last edited:
He has seen the bad press both Sterling and Delph received so will have been advised to say nothing. In truth he doesn't need to

If he does want out we need to rinse Chelsea that's for sure.

I literally have no idea what young CB we could buy with bags of talent who could fill his void.

Once the player wants to go it's end game pretty much.

I'm having nightmares at the moment that he's being sold and we're replacing him with the "phenomenal" Jonny Evans..

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/20/chelsea-transfer-record-everton-john-stones

Apparently he's "keen" to go

No proof of that of course. Could just be the usual anti-Everton agenda

That being said, The Guardian are usually fair to us

Shame if he wants out like

It's Steve Brenner. He's on tour with Chelsea in Montreal and New York. It doesn't take much imagination to work out what's going on over there, he's just getting instructions from Mourinho/his minions and running with stories to try and unsettle Stones. It's reprehensible. Can only hope we stay strong and rise above this.

He's on a 4 1/2 year contract....we don't need to sell, he will be worth more in 12 months time (probably).

He only last week said he wants a full season under his belt to get in the England side, which he will not get under Chelsea.

This makes no sense to sell him now, even if his head has been turned. Can't see him kicking up a fuss, so the club and Stones need to quash these stories immediately and stop the disruption to their pre-season.

Over to you Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back