Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
No!

We've written to Chelsea saying we don't want to sell.

We turned down their offer.

Roberto then stated in public that we don't want to sell, and behave you nouveau riche pensioners.

Mourinho then has gone into a tizz, and brought the media with him.

Saying anymore is just putting more blood in the water to feed the frenzy. There is no win in saying anything.

Just wait for the next bid, and politely reject it.

No!

Agreed.

This isn't East Enders or Home and Away. ( BTW I hear Mourinho is a massive fan)

The club is handling it really professionally.

ALSO they sold Lukaku to us for £28million don't forget. Stones is double the player IMO as much as i love Rom. So by my calculations that's £56m please.

If it isn't true then hopefully Everton will make a statement denying it..or better still offer direct quote from Stones himself saying he's happy to stay

I want Kenwright on the TV saying something about how much we love him, how boss he is, and how much he loves us.

(And to 'watch this space' as we're about to sign someone boss....AS IF)

As I said in a previous post the whole world of transfers is a murky world. tapping up has gone on since day one of the professional game.

Under the strict definition the sort of conversations that RM said he was having with Lukaku during his time on loan was in effect direct contact with another clubs player with the aim of them moving on a permanent deal is in effect tapping up.

Going public regarding an offer made regarding another clubs player isn't tapping up its the direct contact that is the issue.indeed was there uproar regarding comments made to the press pre Besic signing or recently from the Norwhich manager talking about another clubs player?

My eyes are directed at the club deal with the approach once and for all be prepared to be taken on a ride

Assuming we do not want to sell, and that Stones is happy (as stated last Friday) to continue his career at Goodison then we do not need to do anything.

The longer Everton's silence, the greater the chance of Stones staying. However if he was to go after sustained silence then that paints the club in a difficult light.

Kenwright needs to report Chelsea to the FA. Mourinho has form for tapping up players.

"Here we are again, another summer of whispers and murmurs. We hear rumours of ‘tapping up’, but no formal allegations are made. In fact, not one football club has invoked the Premier League’s Section K rule on illegal approaches since 2005 when Chelsea were fined £300,000 for their dishonourable approach in pinching Ashley Cole from Arsenal".

Come on that's selective for werent Everton fined £45k in 2014 for making an illegal approach to a Notts Forest player

Assuming we do not want to sell, and that Stones is happy (as stated last Friday) to continue his career at Goodison then we do not need to do anything.

The longer Everton's silence, the greater the chance of Stones staying. However if he was to go after sustained silence then that paints the club in a difficult light.

Which is why I don't think the current silence is good.

We all know Mourinho likes to play these games. He's bloody good at it. I'm really not fussed.

But it's so so so easy for us to shut down. Even if we've said it before, keep reiterating that he's not for sale. Get everyone saying it. From Kenwright all the way down to the players.

Everton want to sell Stones? Jeez...

For the right price, yes. That's effectively what Mourinho has been saying, and I agree with him. Mourinho has been saying if you say "Not for sale, game over" then it will be game over, but that hasn't happened, which makes me think this stuff about Everton sending a letter to Chelsea is BS.

If this new stadium project has any chance of getting off the ground whatsoever, then Everton will need to evidence how the hell they are going to pay for it. This WILL involve selling playing assets, and Stones will be the first to go, so that his money can be used as a deposit of some sort.

It would have been Barkley and not Stones had Barkley replicated the success of his first season.

Why all this panic?

The 20M bid was made last week and was rejected, few days later they leaked it to the media, Roberto had a press conference and was asked about it and he answered.

Now they maybe made a 2nd offer which we rejected or they didn't, they might make the offer in the coming few days, they might keep coming back with more offers.

We don't have to say anything in public, we keep rejecting the offers untill they stop or make a stupid offer (lets say 50M).

Meanwhile we don't have to ruin our relationship with Chelsea, JM is playing mind games and the media will be on his side, we don't need to play his game.

He wants to do all this in public because he knows it will unsettle Stones and more importantly his agent/family/friends

On the SSN transfer w/s, and they tell porkies aswell

SSN are just quoting the Mail...who are just patsies to Mourinho, just like the Guardian...
It's a never-ending circle of media hell. The Guardian says Stones "wants the move", so the Mail run with it too to make it look like they know something, SSN pick up on both stories and run with it as "breaking news"...

From SSN website:
John Stones
wants to speak to Chelsea about a potential move to Stamford Bridge and is now expected to leave Goodison Park if Chelsea offer above £30m (Mail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back