Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have to say anything in public, we keep rejecting the offers untill they stop or make a stupid offer (lets say 50M).

This is Mourinho's point though, I think. Everton aren't saying he is not for sale at any price, despite this pretend letter that was allegedly sent to Chelsea. If we sent a letter saying he isn't for sale at any price, then there will be no danger of him signing for Chelsea for 35 million in a few weeks time, will there? No such letter has been sent, and Everton have NOT come out and stated that he is not for sale at any price.

It would be a crappy thing to do, but if we were to get players in return for Stones rather than money how does that work re:the percentage to Barnsley?

If we were to swap Stones for Zouma and Cuadrado for instance, the actual deal would have no monetary value. How would they value a cut for Barnsley or would they even not get one?

OR we just proper take the piss and say, 'alright we'll give ya Stones like but we want Courtois & Costa ya steely eyed, cockney jebs!'

See how they like it! they're not untouchable.
At the risk of going off on a tangent, I wouldn't want Costa. Like Suarez, he is supremely talented but a horrendous cheating blert. Not the type of character I want at Goodison.

Courtois, Hazard and cancellation of any remaining payments due for Lukaku... that would be ok.

Yes we were fined and if we did the same again we would be taken to the FA. The same applies to Chelsea.

As I said in response to your first post you were being selective by quoting a PL rule and ignoring the fact that the charges are acutely made to the FA who as it happens were the organisation that fine the clubs

If there are people frustrated at Everton's lack of transfer activity and who also want Stones to be retained, that's a contradictory position imo.

You have to ask yourself why since day one of this transfer window and even before it opened RM has been insistent our more substantial business will be done late on in the window. The means are there for all clubs to buy players since the huge tv deal was put in place, so why is he insistent we can only do business later rather than sooner? The simple answer is that he was always going to be instructed to sell a name this summer in order to fund his incomings.

Once this bid goes above £30M (especially if it breaks the £32M record for a defender) it'll be taken and we'll finally see some movement. It's a disgrace that things are that way at a club receiving so much money, but that's the type of people we have running the club, and Lord only knows where the cash is going to. I dont think it'll be the end of the world losing Stones. He's very raw and that ball park figure would represent value for someone with limited experience and one who needs to go on a huge learning curve on the defensive side of his game at the very top level.

This is Mourinho's point though, I think. Everton aren't saying he is not for sale at any price, despite this pretend letter that was allegedly sent to Chelsea. If we sent a letter saying he isn't for sale at any price, then there will be no danger of him signing for Chelsea for 35 million in a few weeks time, will there? No such letter has been sent, and Everton have NOT come out and stated that he is not for sale at any price.

Agree with this 100% .

He clearly is available at a price, every Everton indeed every player will be available at a price save the odd one or two at the very top earning clubs

Once RM got involved the story gained legs he would have been far better just playing a straight bat but he didn't and now the silence is deafing

Agree with this 100% .

He clearly is available at a price, every Everton indeed every player will be available at a price save the odd one or two at the very top earning clubs

Once RM got involved the story gained legs he would have been far better just playing a straight bat but he didn't and now the silence is deafing
Every player in the world has a price.

Agree with this 100% .

I think it's all choreographed, to be honest. All part of the pantomime. Everton need to make a song and dance about it, Chelsea need to be seen as having to have moved our way.

I just wish we could cut to the chase and shake hands on £34M or whatever. We all know it ends that way and we really need to get on with buying three or four players.

I dont think it'll be the end of the world losing Stones.

Have to disagree with you Dave on this point. If Stones stays then it's a powerful statement we are making about building a young core for the years ahead.

The reverse is obviously true.

Besides the above, Evertonians deserve the pleasure of seeing a player who whilst not yet complete has the grace and style of a young Bobby Moore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back