John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
No player vital to the starting 11 should be sold at this point In the window. If Chelsea really wanted a chance of getting him they should have done what City done with Sterling and paid top dollar and not insult the club with laughable £20 million bids.

If we sold now it sends out the message that you can mess us around with low bids and try to turn our players heads before paying to get then anyway. Keep him at all costs, get Yarmolenko in with Mori and it'll be a very good transfer window for us.

The 12th September is going to be off the scale at Goodison!
The old girl will definitely be rocking that day and lets hope it's RM that's cocksure on the touchline!

He's not John stones pal, the lads best defender in England bar none they're not trying to buy him not to play him, they know he'll not sign for them not to be played, if they make offer worthy of speaking to him they know his first question will be will I play week in week out why would they keep persuring him if the answer no,they're trying to buy him to play him
They're trying to buy him to replace Terry, that doesn't mean he'll play much this season. They're ex players are saying stuff like "its better to play 10 games for Chelsea than 40 for Everton". He's not going to start this season over England's first choice CB in a euro year, and they're not going to suddenly bench their captain all season either.

I think we all know that this is going to run till deadline day.

And the majority of us agree that we should not sell for any price due to the timings/the way Chelsea have gone about it/their bad start to the season.

As someone had said if Chelsea had maybe thrown in a 28 million bid than a 34 million bid early in the window with no fuss, I could of seen that as acceptable.

But now it is more a statement to show that if you want one of our players don't play stupid games and get on with it

Even at the 40/50 million mark now I would be very disappointed if he went

Don't know if John Stones will be here at the end of the window, but well done to Everton for doing there best to keep him, I still remember the bad old days of Peter Johnson when we used to sell our best player every season.

I know it might seem different now, 20 years on, but Johnson only actually sold 2 of our best players -

Gary Speed - who wanted out in the middle of the season because he allegedly was very upset with Kendall (we all know the story), and Duncan Ferguson, who he sold without the managers consent.

Johnson wasn't very good, but he also sanctioned the purchases of Amokachi, Kanchelskis and Barmby, breaking the club's transfer record 3 times, and also paid for the building of the mega store.

He had his major faults but Kenwright in his own way hasn't been that much better in certain ways, as under Kenwright we've seen Jeffers, Ball, Barmby, Hutchinson, Rooney, Lescott, Arteta, Rodwell and Fellaini all get sold. Again to be fair, Kenwright has his good points too.

Don't want to turn this into a board thread but just pointing out Johnson didn't sell a good player every year, that's more Kenwright's thing.

I know it might seem different now, 20 years on, but Johnson only actually sold 2 of our best players -

Gary Speed - who wanted out in the middle of the season because he allegedly was very upset with Kendall (we all know the story), and Duncan Ferguson, who he sold without the managers consent.

Johnson wasn't very good, but he also sanctioned the purchases of Amokachi, Kanchelskis and Barmby, breaking the club's transfer record 3 times, and also paid for the building of the mega store.

He had his major faults but Kenwright in his own way hasn't been that much better in certain ways, as under Kenwright we've seen Jeffers, Ball, Barmby, Hutchinson, Rooney, Lescott, Arteta, Rodwell and Fellaini all get sold. Again to be fair, Kenwright has his good points too.

Don't want to turn this into a board thread but just pointing out Johnson didn't sell a good player every year, that's more Kenwright's thing.
The unfortunate thing for Johnson and his plans for Everton was that his business nosedived at around the same time.

http://www.theevertonforum.co.uk/everton-to-be-offered-three-exciting-players/

Everton to be offered three exciting players
According to every Everton supporters favourite journalist Matt Law of the Telegraph, Everton will be offered the choice of three players if they ever decide to sell John Stones.

Chelsea’s favourite sports reporter Law says that Everton could be offered Victor Moses, Bertrand Traore or Juan Cuadrado if the club change their mind and cash in on the England player.

Everton have repeatedly told Chelsea that Stones isn’t for sale and rejected a £30m bid for the player yesterday, but Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho seems to have ignored that and will push on with attempts to sign the defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back