John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do intend to sell I think the plan was to dangle him in front of Chelsea (the City result couldn't have been more opportune) and either hope they up the bid or get drawn into a bidding war with Utd/City.Most clubs have a football-business divide,maybe it's a little more pronounced her.
I think the plan (for the owners) with Stones was always to take it down to the wire. If that squeezes a few more quid out of Chelsea/whoever then great, but it also means less time to see the cash coming in spent. Job done.

That scenario looks increasingly like the hot favourite to me right now.

I'd be happily amazed and eat a large slice of humble pie if we keep Stones and spend money in this final week or so.
Even if that were the case though, it'd have still been a massive shambles of a window.

I think the plan (for the owners) with Stones was always to take it down to the wire. If that squeezes a few more quid out of Chelsea/whoever then great, but it also means less time to see the cash coming in spent. Job done.

I'd be happily amazed and eat a large slice of humble pie if we keep Stones and spend money in this final week or so.
Even if that were the case though, it'd have still been a massive shambles of a window.

Eh? We keep Stones and get Yarmolenko + Mori and the window has been a 'massive shambles'?

Nah come on - much more financially stable, a much more talented squad on the pitch, more net value in terms of personnel on the field of play and not seriously considered as perennial candidates for relegation.

Definitely not identical.
...and yet here we are with £5M spent and still seeing player sales as the likely source of spending.

Plus ca change, I think they say.

???

How do you figure that out?

Great post.

Another thing.

Chelsea's centre backs have had a torrid time in the opening couple games of the season.

All this speculation must be off putting for Cahill and Terry......what does it say about them if Mourinho is so desperate to sign a 21 year old kid?

I think this overt threat to their place in the starting line up is affecting their game.

Conversely, Phil Jagielka is being blatantly insulted at every turn as his status as role model for John us totally dismissed and a lowlife chav is accorded saintly status by the press......but Phil has stepped up and had an impressive start to the season.

Totally agree - makes the upcoming match v Chelsea fascinating....

Dave everything the club has said on this has been about how he's not for sale.

I'm not sure how you could have missed this, but believe me that's been the clubs stance since day one. They've turned down numerous bids and the manager has said he doesn't want the player to leave. It's easy to research and I could spend the next 10 minutes copying a pasting quotes since this started weeks ago, but Evertons stance hasn't changed.

We don't won't to sell him plain and simple, no hidden agenda, no backdoor secret deals, no nods and winks. Everton simply want to keep one of their best players because he's a good player and don't want to cash in on him.
...really?

Let's wait and see shall we?

I hope you're right, but suspect I am.

You are obviously an intelligent guy Dave but sometimes you let your negative feelings against the board run wild, if we keep Stones and buy a few players i myself will be overjoyed as most Evertonians will be

...unrest over players, late signings. Yes. Shambles....and that's the best case scenario we're looking at.

Martinez said from the start there'd be late signings. Cleverley... Deulofeu... Yarmolenko... two very promising youngsters in Henen and Holgate, and keep all of our best players? We can't hope for a much better window than that mate.

Martinez said from the start there'd be late signings. Cleverley... Deulofeu... Yarmolenko... two very promising youngsters in Henen and Holgate, and keep all of our best players? We can't hope for a much better window than that mate.
Yes he has.

Well I dont know about you, but 10 days for this club to do 3 deals (4 if Stones leaves) in 10 days looks a slightly tall order.

...unrest over players, late signings. Yes. Shambles....and that's the best case scenario we're looking at.

Are you on glue or something?

We've tied down Mirallas and McArthy to longer deals, signed 3 players for a moderate outlay and are hopefully on the verge of another addition. Oh, and strongly linked with a really top-drawer talent.

There's been NO sniff of it all hinging of sales, except for the conspiracy theorists and doomsayers.

I'm sure you're among those who do this every flipping window, and would have made some kind of negative spin out of the Lukaku signing last year. IF - and yes, it's still only an 'if' - we sign Yarmalenko and Mores, and keep Stones I will personally vault you. Every. Single. Time. You. Trot. Out. The. Same. Old. Lines.

You can do likewise to me if your shout finally comes true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back