John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same old story with some fans when it comes to the transfer window. We don't sign anyone or spend any money and the board are a shambles. We spend money and the board are a shambles because the player isn't worth that much (McCarthy, Rom, Stones).

No pleasing some folk.

...and yet here we are with £5M spent and still seeing player sales as the likely source of spending.

Plus ca change, I think they say.
Yes but we have played one bad half of football , and have 4 points - teams like unt and the other lot over the park have 6 points is a false position as they have been woeful - remind me how much have they spent pre season?

Spot on mate. Just don't understand why some lads can't see this.

Martinez says he's not aware of any transfer request, and then some pick-up that this means Stones must have handed in a transfer request.
Sorry to correct that Lou as some are reading headlines and not what was actually said.
When asked "are you aware of John Stones handing in a transfer request ?" Martinez's reply was NO.
There's a bit of a difference there mate.
Looked like he's getting fed up with this scenario.

If we do intend to sell I think the plan was to dangle him in front of Chelsea (the City result couldn't have been more opportune) and either hope they up the bid or get drawn into a bidding war with Utd/City.Most clubs have a football-business divide,maybe it's a little more pronounced her.

If that scenario is indeed the case, then Woodward's humiliation at the hands of Chelsea over Pedro might well work to our advantage.

It is easy to imagine a seething sense of helplessness in the Old Trafford engine room this morning and a burning sense for revenge in Woodward.

What better way to extract vengeance than to pinch Chelsea's holy grail right from under their noses with a massive bid of their own.

If John does go, I would so much rather United got him now that that shower of chavs.

;)

and yet we are still to offer him a new contract to reflect his new market value.
New contracts in this window for McCarthy and KM. (Check)
New contract for John Stones...no we prefer to let the game play out instead of killing it dead.

What happens though if we offer him a deal right now, and his agent says yes he will sign it but they want a release clause of 35m to sign on the dotted line?

Next season comes and Stones has had an amazing tournament at the Euros and we are all saying he's easily worth 55-60m but we have to sell for 35m as a whole host of clubs reach his buy out clause figure.

What happens if we offer a deal now but insist on a 60m release clause but they refuse to sign the deal because they think we are pricing him out of a future move?

It's a very delicate situation at the minute and lets be honest it's not like he's only on £250 a week. The kid gets paid more than he could ever have dreamed already and I don't think he's motivated by the cash either so throwing another 50k a week at him in the next 10 days won't change his opinion of Everton.

What is important is that he can see he has a clear opportunity to be 1st choice centre back at Everton, partnering a top man in Jagielka who on and off the pitch conducts himself like a true pro. He's got a manager who believes in his ability and doesn't flip on every mistake he makes and is willing to let him learn in the hardest arena of them all which is on Saturday afternoon in front of 40k people. He basically has everything going for him and he would he a fool to take the short term approach and think going to Chelsea would be the best option for him.

If Everton accept an offer then that changes everything of course but as it stands ever turned down 3 bids and that should prove to Stones how much Everton value him because turning down 30m let's be honest is a lot of money for a young kid. I hope Everton AND Stones stay strong, he stays, we get a couple of quality additions in ourselves and for once we are talking about US putting in a challenge for the trophies and a crack at the top 4 this season.

Sorry to correct that Lou as some are reading headlines and not what was actually said.
When asked "are you aware of John Stones handing in a transfer request ?" Martinez's reply was NO.
That in my opinion was a cute insulting answer to the media - as his line Manager he would be handed the transfer request or told about it RM would be in the know - the media just print what Chelsea tell them to or do it as their scoop etc!

But even reading into a headline that it must mean Stones has handed in a transfer request is daft.

I don't see anything in this pressie but a denial of a transfer request.................yet that denial must have loads of lines in between that people are reading and coming up with nonsense. No news here except for what we already knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back