John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I have said before the player is not for sale and that is the end of it,” he said. “Our situation has been very clear from the beginning. We are not a selling club who will lose our best performers.

“His performance at the weekend was very strong and for a young man to come up with that leadership is a real sign of what he is as a footballer.

“He is very important player for us and we are looking forward to seeing the best of John over the next few seasons, not just the next few weeks.”

I think if we're all rational for a second, we can see that it's a game being played which happens with all clubs.

Everton have the right to reject all bids, dictate what they'd sell him for. Chelsea want him and want to unsettle.

Anything Martinez says is just stock answers, almost like you do on football manager. He's not going to give them a headline one way or another.

I know it's Everton and we have history for selling, but these transfer sagas go on EVERY season and more often than not they don't end up moving. Unfortunately this time it's us involved against one of the richest clubs.

tldr: who knows. Lets beat city.

In-demand Ross Barkley is going nowhere insists Everton ...

"Roberto Martinez has insisted Ross Barkley is going nowhere in the transfer window.

Almost inevitably, as soon as football's January sales began, the Everton midfielderhas been linked with big-money interest from the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea.

Blues boss Martinez though, has dismissed the notion, insisting the rising England star is vital to the cause at Goodison, as they look to halt a slump in form that has seen Everton slide down the Premier League table.

“We have had no approaches for Ross at all, and this January window it's vital we concentrate on capturing our best form and start to build it the way we can,” he explained.

“So our best performers, even if we get a lot of interest, there will be nothing, no-one going, they are vital to our performance

“We are a building club. We have some talented players, and our idea is to give them an environment where they enjoy their football".

Just a reminder what Martinez said about Barkley.

Lescott, Suarez, Sterling are all petulant, Stones is an example... and hence the difference in behaviour.

We'll soon enough know who's right.
And not all players are susceptible to "having their heads turned"

It's clear that Stones hasn't from his performances.

Doesn't mean that he isn't interested in signing for Chelsea, but his head obviously hasn't been turned in the sense that phrase is used in football

That in my opinion was a cute insulting answer to the media - as his line Manager he would be handed the transfer request or told about it RM would be in the know - the media just print what Chelsea tell them to or do it as their scoop etc!

You know, one thing is becoming clear to me.

The RS mafia might be the ugly face of the media in front of the cameras, but Chelsea run a much more invidious operation as they control it from the sidelines.

Moyes's comments from 2 years ago need to be put to bed?!

Comments by the way about a transfer saga that resulted in us selling one player that the manager wasn't that keen on for far more than he was worth, and keeping the other one, in spite of the player himself being interested in making the move.
Easy to keep Baines when you fleece them for Fellaini. Played its part.

Easy to keep Baines when you fleece them for Fellaini. Played its part.
Still not sure why comments from Moyes from 2 years ago need "putting to bed"

Baines wanted to join Utd - we said no, and he ended up signing a new deal.

Moyes clearly wasn't as clued up as he (and seemingly you) thought he was

And not all players are susceptible to "having their heads turned"

It's clear that Stones hasn't from his performances.

Doesn't mean that he isn't interested in signing for Chelsea, but his head obviously hasn't been turned in the sense that phrase is used in football

As I said mate.. we'll know in 10 days. Hope you're right.

Only in your weird mind. What you're alleging is, unless I'm gravely mistaken, that Martinez is now complicit in masking the truth from the world, in cahoots with Kenwright and everyone else you believe is utterly bent. This was clearly the case with Moyes, too.

Do you not think for a moment? Do you think both Moyes AND Martinez would BOTH be so corrupt, weak and conniving to be part of this ruse? Would you not think that, perhaps, either one of them - let alone both - would throw their hands up in the air and tell the Board where they can shove their job if there were such attempts to cajole them into playing ball?

Honestly, I bet you believe that the CIA orchestrated 9/11.

There's only 20 premier league jobs, Martinez and Moyes have got one of the 7 top ones. Why would they just quit over transfer dealings out of principle? How many people on here would quit their job on principle? The board sold Arteta and didn't give any of it to Moyes. Did he say anything? No. Did he say anything when we went 2 years without a permanent fee being spent on a first team player as Strac and Drenthe were loaned into replace Arteta, Yakubu, Saha, Beckford and Pienaar? No. They know they have the safest job in the league as long as they don't rock the boat.

I can't see what paper this is from but interesting.

Martinez has stood has ground very very well when it's come to Stones this summer, I almost think I'll pack in going if we sell him this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back