John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on mate. Just don't understand why some lads can't see this.

Martinez says he's not aware of any transfer request, and then some pick-up that this means Stones must have handed in a transfer request.

It's surreal at times on here how some posters can interrupt simple quotes so randomly. It's almost like their clutching at straws just to try and push their not so hidden agenda.

Sadly other people sometimes get sucked into it as well and start to believe it themselves.

Are you on glue or something?

We've tied down Mirallas and McArthy to longer deals, signed 3 players for a moderate outlay and are hopefully on the verge of another addition. Oh, and strongly linked with a really top-drawer talent.

There's been NO sniff of it all hinging of sales, except for the conspiracy theorists and doomsayers.

I'm sure you're among those who do this every flipping window, and would have made some kind of negative spin out of the Lukaku signing last year. IF - and yes, it's still only an 'if' - we sign Yarmalenko and Mores, and keep Stones I will personally vault you. Every. Single. Time. You. Trot. Out. The. Same. Old. Lines.

You can do likewise to me if your shout finally comes true.
Lowest spenders in the PL this summer? No sniff of it?

Dave everything the club has said on this has been about how he's not for sale.

I'm not sure how you could have missed this, but believe me that's been the clubs stance since day one. They've turned down numerous bids and the manager has said he doesn't want the player to leave. It's easy to research and I could spend the next 10 minutes copying a pasting quotes since this started weeks ago, but Evertons stance hasn't changed.

We don't won't to sell him plain and simple, no hidden agenda, no backdoor secret deals, no nods and winks. Everton simply want to keep one of their best players because he's a good player and don't want to cash in on him.

and yet we are still to offer him a new contract to reflect his new market value.
New contracts in this window for McCarthy and KM. (Check)
New contract for John Stones...no we prefer to let the game play out instead of killing it dead.

I think the plan (for the owners) with Stones was always to take it down to the wire. If that squeezes a few more quid out of Chelsea/whoever then great, but it also means less time to see the cash coming in spent. Job done.

That scenario looks increasingly like the hot favourite to me right now.

I'd be happily amazed and eat a large slice of humble pie if we keep Stones and spend money in this final week or so.
Even if that were the case though, it'd have still been a massive shambles of a window.

I think the board has got smarter. In the old days of selling a player then using the money to buy new ones, the sell to buy strategy was so obvious and they got burnt two ways as not only did the fans know how much there was in the pot and demanded it was all used, so did opposition clubs.

Now they seem to go for different tactics such as selling Fellaini in one window, but bringing in fancy loans to distract the fans. Then spending the Felli money the summer after on Lukaku to make it look as though they 'invested' 28 mill.

That is what I fully expect to happen now. We'll make a big purchase for Yarmolenko and it will all be about how the board have invested, Stones will then either be sold on the last day of the window or in Jan or the start of the next window, and the board will be all 'yeah but remember when we invested and got you Lukaku and Yarmolenko?'

Whether we survive this window with Stones or not doesn't really matter. The issue is the board will not give the sort of investment required in the first team squad that would convince players like Stones that he can stay and be successful at Everton. He'll go in one of the next two windows because we are not challenging the top 4. The same will happen with every single one of our 'golden generation' until enough investment is made for us to be successful. It'll be Lukaku next summer, then Barkley later at some point.

and yet we are still to offer him a new contract to reflect his new market value.
New contracts in this window for McCarthy and KM. (Check)
New contract for John Stones...no we prefer to let the game play out instead of killing it dead.

Either you've got terrible amnesia or I'm suffering from déjà vu here?

But one way or the other this was certainly done to death the before.

Yes he has.

Well I dont know about you, but 10 days for this club to do 3 deals (4 if Stones leaves) in 10 days looks a slightly tall order.

It does, but Mori looks done and I actually think we may have played a blinder and get this Yarmolenko deal sorted in the next few days. I think the last few days of the the window will just be used to see if any players become available on loan/for cheap at the last minute. Possibly go back for Dembele at Fulham.

Unless £40m+ comes in for Stones I don't think he's going anywhere until next summer.

Lowest spenders in the PL this summer? No sniff of it?

Only in your weird mind. What you're alleging is, unless I'm gravely mistaken, that Martinez is now complicit in masking the truth from the world, in cahoots with Kenwright and everyone else you believe is utterly bent. This was clearly the case with Moyes, too.

Do you not think for a moment? Do you think both Moyes AND Martinez would BOTH be so corrupt, weak and conniving to be part of this ruse? Would you not think that, perhaps, either one of them - let alone both - would throw their hands up in the air and tell the Board where they can shove their job if there were such attempts to cajole them into playing ball?

Honestly, I bet you believe that the CIA orchestrated 9/11.

Yes he has.

Well I dont know about you, but 10 days for this club to do 3 deals (4 if Stones leaves) in 10 days looks a slightly tall order.

Barry, Lukaku and McCarthy were all deadline day signings in Robertos first season right?
That was one of the best transfer windows I remember.

IF we finish the window with Cleverley, Deulofeu, Mori, Yarmolenko and another striker while holding on to Stone... I think this might be the best transfer window that in the last 2 decades.
Replacing Distin and setting up long-term replacements for Pienaar and Osman... with Besic already set up to be Barry's replacement... it looks like excellent business and an excellent step in lowering our reliance on players nearing the ends of their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back