John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
You only have to read the last however many pages of this thread to know that isn't true. It would suit certain posters for the board to sell him for their own agendas.

Name and shame then. Haven't seen anyone that wants him sold, only 1 or 2 that think the board might cash in given our history of selling our best players.

Suppose everyone has their opinions but I'd prefer to blame Mourinho for all this rather than other Evertonians.

I'm not blaming anybody. I'm just saying that the same people who were saying we'd never get Lukaku, and were actively saying we couldn't even get Barry to sign, will just as quickly - if not even quicker - bail out of this thread for numerous pages if we don't sell Stones.

Unthinkable now, too many people saying it won't happen and let's not forget John Stones - he's not that sort of lad.

Would be great if he stayed long term and the club received the support or investment it needs - the next Brian Labone........
The last of the Corithians - Labby if here would advise him - For me Stones is all the makings of another John Hurst - a player who never got the recognition Stones is getting if he is half as good as Hursty we are blessed!
Stones must be hopefully staying as Davek has gone quiet maybe baking his humble pie, I hope for all blues fans he has to eat it!lol

I'm not blaming anybody. I'm just saying that the same people who were saying we'd never get Lukaku, and were actively saying we couldn't even get Barry to sign, will just as quickly - if not even quicker - bail out of this thread for numerous pages if we don't sell Stones.

Don't worry yourself about other posters. They are fellow Blues who are entitled to their point of view. Just enjoy the fact that Mourinho has been piped down and won't get his way with Stones.

The last of the Corithians - Labby if here would advise him - For me Stones is all the makings of another John Hurst - a player who never got the recognition Stones is getting if he is half as good as Hursty we are blessed!
Stones must be hopefully staying as Davek has gone quiet maybe baking his humble pie, I hope for all blues fans he has to eat it!lol
davek and brennan gonna have to sit together in the sin bin

Don't worry yourself about other posters. They are fellow Blues who are entitled to their point of view. Just enjoy the fact that Mourinho has been piped down and won't get his way with Stones.

Only thing I've been worried about is a transfer request. I've said all along - '£60 million or eff off.'

Some will say that's a ridiculous fee, but at the end of the day, a players worth is only dictated by the fee the selling club is likely to have their head turned by.

Sure, some clubs can be forced to sell, due to wages and players being tits, but I just can't see Stones being one of those tits.

The balls in your court lads :cool: Its not as if Stones is 29 and this is last chance saloon to a CL club get another good year out of him them sell for £40m+ hopefully

Plus he'll have far better options than that [Poor language removed] club
He needs 2 more seasons here, along with the other young lads in the team to keep building on the plan clearly in place. For his development, and to see how we are progressing as a team.
I won't be critical of any player at 23 wanting away if we continue to be an ambitionless club.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ewer-chances-to-shine-at-Stamford-Bridge.html

telegraph.co.uk
Chelsea transfer news: Romelu Lukaku warns John Stones he'll get fewer chances to shine at Stamford Bridge

Romelu Lukaku has warned John Stones he will get fewer chances to shine at Stamford Bridge and he would be wiser staying at Everton.

Lukaku left Chelsea because he was frustrated by the lack of first team opportunities. It’s a fate he does not want his team mate to suffer.

“He is playing and is learning from Phil Jagielka. He’s been here two years now but this is the year where he really needs to confirm he is the top player he can be. This club has massive potential, with the players we have and ambitious manager. He is in a good place. He’s in a good situation. He needs to keep on doing what he’s doing. He has the Euros coming up, so why go?

Lukaku_Chelsea_3394105b.jpg

“When you go to Chelsea at young age it’s up to you if you want to survive. Do you really want to fight for your place? You get maybe one or two chances, and if you take them you will continue getting them. But sometimes it depends on the situation too. It’s really up to you as a player.

“I made a decision to leave, because in my mind, I thought: I am 21. What’s going to happen now?

“I chose to go to a project where there are young players trying to develop into top players and win titles along the way.

“I could easily have stayed at Chelsea to fight for my place. But you never know.

Stones_3414523b.jpg

“I didn’t know what the manager’s ideas were with me. I didn’t know what the club’s plan was with me at the time.

• Lukaku: 'I am not scared of Manchester City'

“Here, the plan was clear. Bring young players over, grow them into top players and win titles.

“I was seeing myself as part of that, so that’s why I signed here on a permanent deal.”

The balls in your court lads :cool: Its not as if Stones is 29 and this is last chance saloon to a CL club get another good year out of him them sell for £40m+ hopefully

Plus he'll have far better options than that [Poor language removed] club

he's better than anything i've seen in this country before for his age and position.

i'd say the same if he played for everton or not. he just oozes that class and confidence that bale does and could play for a club as big as real madrid not just chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back