John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those who think he is definitely off, can you name any other high profile transfer saga where the players agent has not said a single word to the press to try and force a move through?

Good example of how media works. Talksport just managed to push out news about reports that say Stones want out...but managed not to tell the clear statement from Martinez that denies that. Jesus Christ....they really are doing everything they can...

Money talks and it always will, if it goes mad at the end of the window and the fee hits 45ml, it doesn't make us a sellin club.
The big stumbling block over this is the timing, we are to thinly spread at the back and to lose Stones now would mean we are down to the bare bones. RM keeps saying the window should shut on the first day of the season, and when you look at this saga you can see why.

If Chelsea would of come in for Stones in July and offered 35ml, at least if we sold we had time to rebuild and also settle the new players in.

I just hope we stay strong, and Stones is happy to give us one more year

I still standby my comment that Chelsea is not the right move for him, he can do better

Just imagine what Stones will be worth if he stays and stars in the Euros next summer, we could be asking for 50m+ If we ever wanted to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back