John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is true. I can tell you if Chelsea offered £100 million he wouldn't be sold this summer.

The club have made that clear.

People just won't accept it. Like you here.
If that's genuinely true, then we're just as much idiots as we would be if we sold for £20m.

Of course it's an irrelevant argument because Chelsea would never get close to bidding £100m - which I guess is what makes it so easy for you're source to say he wouldn't be sold for that.

This to me is very much "not for sale". If Chelsea, and pretty much the rest of the world, don't understand this then I'm leaving life and going to Montana under an assumed identity to be a dental floss tycoon.

The next bit of the media hacks attempt to 'get Stones to Chelsea' is to say Stones has asked for a transfer and it has been refused.

The Mail are distorting what Martinez said at the press conference. The clip they show Martinez doesn't say what has been reported.

"Asked if a transfer request would force the issue, Martinez said: 'No. When you got a long-term contract those things don't change at all. If someone comes in from nowhere and puts in a transfer request that is a different situation.

'In a saga of I don't know how many weeks now, we are very clear. I speak to John every day. As a footballer, unless two clubs reach an agreement, you can't do anything.'

Roberto Martinez - Pre Man City Press Conference

By using the 'transfer request and it has been refused is an attempt to get us to turn against Stones as we did against Lescott and Rooney. Some hacks do know some 'history' of our club and are prepared to go to any lengths to undermine Everton FC, including lies.

Playing a blinder so far Ebepton. The media are trying their hardest again to force a move but John, Bobby and the club have conducted themselves well.

Just a week or two left now and this will be over for a while. Of course there will be a lot of attention on Stones and if he makes any mistakes people will be on his back, but that's just how it works in this country. The fans and the media are utter plebs. Stones has shown it doesn't impact his performances though and he's a level headed guy.

Head down John, keep improving, and soon enough you'll be either captaining us to something great or being sold for an eye-watering fee when we're in a position to sell without unsettling the team.

Let's just say stones breaks his ankle, would you be regret not selling him. When the bids come in at 40 million. The board will be talking to martinez

Let's just say stones breaks his ankle, would you be regret not selling him. When the bids come in at 40 million. The board will be talking to martinez

and what if he is sold, goes on to invent cold fusion, and uses that limitless power source to create a cyborg John Terry that enslaves us all and plunges the world into a thousand years of darkness?

The media are determined to sell Stones to Chelsea and screw Everton.

I think a lot of these football correspondents should be refused entry into GP on match day. They have only ill interest to our club.

Our victory will be gigantic when they finally see that he stays.

Someone should write big story about it because this really has been amazing case...

Tubey or Chico or someone...

Our victory will be gigantic when they finally see that he stays.

Someone should write big story about it because this really has been amazing case...

Tubey or Chico or someone...

My final comment.

@chicoazul should write and rip them to pieces.

@Tubey would be too cautious in such a situation. He can write the followup.

I've been told from someone ITK that he will not be sold under any circumstances.

So short of nuclear armageddon it will not matter what Chelsea offer. Everton as a matter of club policy will not sell. Even if (he won't) handed in a transfer request.

Needed to add this as this thread is going in circles thanks in part to disingenuous journalists.

People are forgetting Everton are a big club and are falling for media lies.
If true that's quite reassuring.

Up yours, media. GOT xxx

... and what if we sold him for 40 million, passed on 6 million to Barnsley, spent 20 million on a replacement centre half who broke his leg on his debut and 14 million on someone who turned out to be a flop. Meanwhile Stones went on to improve at Chelsea or ManU and ended up being sold to Barcelona for 85 million in a few years time. How incredibly stupid would we look ?

... and what if we sold him for 40 million, passed on 6 million to Barnsley, spent 20 million on a replacement centre half who broke his leg on his debut and 14 million on someone who turned out to be a flop. Meanwhile Stones went on to improve at Chelsea or ManU and ended up being sold to Barcelona for 85 million in a few years time. How incredibly stupid would we look ?
As stupid as a cat in a cage.

The manager, Rom and Howie. Great shouts lads.

Euro is coming. Stones's price will only go up. And you need first team PL footie John. Please stay with this great football club in Everton F.C.

Before anyone does ...
No gifs please.
basketball-cool-block-shot.gif

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back