John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's genuinely true, then we're just as much idiots as we would be if we sold for £20m.

Of course it's an irrelevant argument because Chelsea would never get close to bidding £100m - which I guess is what makes it so easy for you're source to say he wouldn't be sold for that.

The source is impeccable.

@bizzaro was in the cab of our famed ITK cabbie :cool:

I don't mean from club we've been fairly strong , we have got stronger . I'm also personally not of the belief that a clubs public stance is always completely a clear picture of events to be honest . I certainly think Chelsea thought they were close to getting him and for all journalists are often ridiculous many seemed confident something was afoot at various stages .

I just mean at various points I've personally felt something could happen , I'm delighted to be wrong if that's the case though . Have you never had even one concern he was ever going to go ? If so looking at this thread you may be in the minority .

Not one so far.

Last piece of the puzzle will be an interview with John after the window has closed to clear the probable narrative that we're 'keeping him here against his will' and 'holding back his career'.

Yes....and they will go on to accuse EFC of undermining England's Euro prospects next year :(

The source is impeccable.

@bizzaro was in the cab of our famed ITK cabbie :cool:

No. I make no such claims.

Chelsea's behaviour has been outrageous this summer.

I'm just rather alarmed seeing Evertonians like they're in a dentist's chair having teeth pulled out. State of this thread.

All unnecessarily. We should be looking at who we are bringing in.

That is all I have to say for some considerable time.

Haha just had a gander on the Chelsea forum the shed Eric dier is exact same player as stones.
Why don't they make bids on him some funny shi on there.

Haha just had a gander on the Chelsea forum the shed Eric dier is exact same player as stones.
Why don't they make bids on him some funny shi on there.

Fingers crossed if he does stay (which I think he will) can't wait for all the shouts from them and the media about how he's nothing special anyway!

To be a journo, don't you need a GCSE in English and some sort of degree? As well as understanding English and speaking it?

Because non of them seem to know what "not for sale" means. Maybe we need to send them a dictionary

Hopefully this whole doctor-gate thing and only this morning, it appears Mourinho has thrown 7 of his under performing team under the bus, hopefully this also works in our favour. Doesn't seem a happy place at the moment down the Bridge...

The clubs stance from day one was he's not for sale, not sure why you think it's been swinging back and forth?
It has Doug Cheski got the media to get to the player, MOTD etc disgusting behaviour from the media, and Chelsea's motives, from day one should have been ok not for sale they have used Bully boy tactics, and if Stones stays, and we have a good season the the pundits , and others will change sides!
You are right of course as from day on RM stated not for sale no need for sale etc etc !

I don't mean from club we've been fairly strong , we have got stronger . I'm also personally not of the belief that a clubs public stance is always completely a clear picture of events to be honest . I certainly think Chelsea thought they were close to getting him and for all journalists are often ridiculous many seemed confident something was afoot at various stages .

I just mean at various points I've personally felt something could happen , I'm delighted to be wrong if that's the case though . Have you never had even one concern he was ever going to go ? If so looking at this thread you may be in the minority .
Stop listening to the Pro Chelsea media then. Its really as simple as that.

Televised press conference & written media are different things mate , he'll have said that to the hacks hence them reporting it . Managers usually considerably more forthcoming to the written press as they often have more established relationships .

There is no other media outlet that is carrying those words that the mail have printed. I am sure that Martinez has not given an exclusive to Dominic King and Neil Ashton.

Asked if a transfer request would force the issue, Martinez said: 'No. When you got a long-term contract those things don't change at all. If someone comes in from nowhere and puts in a transfer request that is a different situation.

'In a saga of I don't know how many weeks now, we are very clear. I speak to John every day. As a footballer, unless two clubs reach an agreement, you can't do anything.'

I would say that Martinez may have said those words, but a few weeks ago but not yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back