John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. Neil Ashton just assured all of America on NBCSN that no matter what Martinez says, Stones is looking forward to a move before the deadline. Not Chelsea, but Stones himself. When was he talking to Stones? I doubt it.

I'm sure Chelsea assured him that he could expect special considerations if he made sure he got that message out.

[Redacted] off Ashton. You [redacted].

Who would want to go to a struggling team with the Manager arguing with the club Doctor one week, and subbing his captain the next week , and lucky to have one point!

According to some Guardian journalist, Mourinho is full-on ignoring Terry and relaying messages to him via other people.

Mmmm, sounds like a lovely healthy environment to live and work in, that.

There is no other media outlet that is carrying those words that the mail have printed. I am sure that Martinez has not given an exclusive to Dominic King and Neil Ashton.

Asked if a transfer request would force the issue, Martinez said: 'No. When you got a long-term contract those things don't change at all. If someone comes in from nowhere and puts in a transfer request that is a different situation.

'In a saga of I don't know how many weeks now, we are very clear. I speak to John every day. As a footballer, unless two clubs reach an agreement, you can't do anything.'

I would say that Martinez may have said those words, but a few weeks ago but not yesterday.

Not the same but think the telegraph are running something similar , certainly on that won't sell him even with a transfer request.

Nice. Neil Ashton just assured all of America on NBCSN that no matter what Martinez says, Stones is looking forward to a move before the deadline. Not Chelsea, but Stones himself. When was he talking to Stones? I doubt it.

I'm sure Chelsea assured him that he could expect special considerations if he made sure he got that message out.

[Redacted] off Ashton. You [redacted].

I wonder when Neil Ashton was talking to Stones? Ashton is telling porkies to beef us his profile with Chelsea and earn Brownie points.

What does Martinez mean 'if someone comes from nowhere and hands in a transfer request, that is a different situation'?

Not the same but think the telegraph are running something similar , certainly on that won't sell him even with a transfer request.

The Mail.

Asked if a transfer request would force the issue, Martinez said: 'No. When you got a long-term contract those things don't change at all. If someone comes in from nowhere and puts in a transfer request that is a different situation.

'In a saga of I don't know how many weeks now, we are very clear. I speak to John every day. As a footballer, unless two clubs reach an agreement, you can't do anything.'

The Telegraph.

"Asked if a transfer request would change his stance, the manager said: “No. When a player has a long-term contract, those things don’t change at all.

“I think the situation has gone too far for any action to change it. If someone comes in from nowhere and puts in a transfer request, that is a different situation. In a saga that has been going on for I don’t know how many weeks now, we are very clear".

The Mail have added the bold bit to relate it to Stones. And Mr Chelsea Neil Ashton and Dominic King didn't add this bit.

He (Martinez) said: “I’m sure there are many players that are of interest to other clubs, and for whatever reason that doesn’t come out in public. Maybe that’s because the team who bid don’t speak in the press.”

Ashton has a Chelsea agenda. The 'I speak to John every day' was from weeks ago. Ashton and King have added it to give the story some 'beef flavour'. As was the 'As a footballer, unless two clubs reach an agreement, you can't do anything'.

In fact, the last 2 sentences don't even make sense. They are from 2 different quotes of Martinez.

Give someone hard cash to take this knob out:

THOMMO: CAN TOFFEES TURN DOWN £30M?

Phil Thompson has questioned whether Everton should sell defender John Stones for £30m.

The Toffees have already knocked back several bids fromChelsea this summer and Thompson told Soccer Saturday: "For £30m I don’t think Everton can turn down that sort of money.

"He is a very good player...Everton should try to do a deal where they loan him back, that’s the ideal situation. (But) It shows they are weakening in their stance because they are looking at players who could come in now."

Phil Thompson has questioned whether Everton should sell defender John Stones for £30m.

The Toffees have already knocked back several bids fromChelsea this summer and Thompson told Soccer Saturday: "For £30m I don’t think Everton can turn down that sort of money.

"He is a very good player...Everton should try to do a deal where they loan him back, that’s the ideal situation. (But) It shows they are weakening in their stance because they are looking at players who could come in now."

This is the sort of thing that is turning this thread into a blood bath.

How the hell can that big nosed idiot have any comment on the matter?

Plus he's absolutely clueless.

Can we just avoid posting this sort of tripe. If at all possible.

Its the sort of stuff that makes you realise some people in the media aren't in the real world.

1/ We can, and we did, you big nosed weapon.

2/ Or, you know, we could keep him because we own him and don't want to sell him, that's the ideal situation. Tit.

3/ lol what? You'd be absolutely mental not to have a contingency if they dig a bid of £50m out.

If he was a Liverpool player, he'd be slating anyone for saying the absolute bull he's spouted there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back