John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Champion on 5 live, what an utter tool. Asked about Stones.

..'they are already in the process of buying a replacement. Their current stance is just posturing to make sure they get the best deal'

Honestly it's disgusting how our club is looked down on.

It is, this is another reason why it is so important we win a cup soon. Eveton are seen as a club who dont win things and cant compete, when we have players who the rest of the country see as deserving of medals they are always going to link them away.

Pretty gutted Stones has gone TBH. I thought he was gonna stay, now Chelsea have a defence to sort out.

image.webp

Jose tried to take our John Stones, but we said NO, NO,NO
more words.......................
more words....................
Media tried to make him go to Chelsea, but Bobby says he wont GO,GO,GO

Martinez has a long term project in place. We can't compete with the top four financially, and the only way we possibly could is to invest in young talented players with lots of potential and for those players to gradually develop, over a few seasons, into top class footballers. If we sold Stones, it would completely contradict that policy and send out the wrong message.

If Stones isn't agitating for a move, we should keep him, even if Chelsea offer £50 million. We have to stick two fingers up to Mourinho, Chelsea and the baying media, who are beside themselves that he hasn't joined Chelsea yet, and are so desperate to keep the story alive that they've now resorted to making up stories about Stones putting in a transfer request.

The whole media circus has been disgusting (though not surprising). Everton might be skint, but we are still, historically, a massive club and deserve to be treated with respect. I hope Martinez is allowed to stand his ground and tell the lot of them to do one!

I hope Martinez is allowed to stand his ground and tell the lot of them to do one!

He will be, besides if we sell now he is gig to look like a right idiot. Stones will only go if Martinez decides it is the best to take the money and rebuild.

Rather than just come out and say he isn't for sale i wish he or the club we're doing more to say how badly this has been handled by the media. Why shuold we allow them to dictate what we do? Why dont we point out the lies that are being told? Chelsea can bid like anyother club can, and be told no. Just like we can bid for players we want, that is one thing, the media trying to make it happen is another.

Give someone hard cash to take this knob out:

THOMMO: CAN TOFFEES TURN DOWN £30M?

Phil Thompson has questioned whether Everton should sell defender John Stones for £30m.

The Toffees have already knocked back several bids fromChelsea this summer and Thompson told Soccer Saturday: "For £30m I don’t think Everton can turn down that sort of money.

"He is a very good player...Everton should try to do a deal where they loan him back, that’s the ideal situation. (But) It shows they are weakening in their stance because they are looking at players who could come in now."

But he's all right, is Thommo.

Neville says he hosted a Q and A for him at The Pit after EFC knocked him back.

Don't know how much to read into it, but over the last couple of days the bookies dropped the odds of stones going to Chelsea massively. He's now odds on to go, and you can get odds of 6/4 for him to stay.

Ive been following it pretty closely because I figure if anybody knows what's going on its the people with skin in the game, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back