John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely loving this from "Big Rom" on Stones:

“John is in a good situation at a good club which believes in him,” Lukaku said in The Telegraph. “He is playing and is learning from Phil Jagielka. He’s been here two years now but this is the year where he really needs to confirm he is the top player he can be.

"This club has massive potential, with the players we have and ambitious manager. He is in a good place. He’s in a good situation. He needs to keep on doing what he’s doing. He has the Euros coming up, so why go?

"When you go to Chelsea at young age it’s up to you if you want to survive. Do you really want to fight for your place? You get maybe one or two chances, and if you take them you will continue getting them. But sometimes it depends on the situation too. It’s really up to you as a player.

“I made a decision to leave, because in my mind, I thought: I am 21. What’s going to happen now? I chose to go to a project where there are young players trying to develop into top players and win titles along the way. I could easily have stayed at Chelsea to fight for my place. But you never know.

“Here, the plan was clear. Bring young players over, grow them into top players and win titles. I was seeing myself as part of that, so that’s why I signed here on a permanent deal.”

The amount of mis-truths is doing my head in. Headlines earlier on were saying that Martinez said he was unaware of Stones handing in a transfer request. Cue a load of people saying Martinez is a knob and shouldn't be saying he is "unaware."

Compare this with the actual quotes from the press conference. Martinez is asked if he is aware of Stones handing in a transfer request, to which he answers "Not at all, no." Subtly different, yet completely different. Instead of the doubtful, unsure spin that the reports gave, Martinez was absolutely clear that there had been no transfer request.

It's all about how the question is framed and, regardless of what answer Martinez gave, the press would always angle the headline the way they choose.

+1

Nice post from Lukaku today re: Stones

LUKAKU: STONES SHOULD STAY

Romelu Lukaku thinks John Stones would be better served staying at Everton rather than joining his former side Chelsea.

The Premier League champions have made several bids for Stones, with the most recent offer of £30m rejected by Everton.

"To be fair John is in a good situation at a good club which believes in him," Lukaku, who left Stamford Bridge last summer, told several national newspapers.

"He is playing and is learning a lot from Phil Jagielka. He's been here two years now but this is the year where he really needs to confirm he is the top player he can be.

"This club has massive potential, with the players we have and the ambition the manager has. He is in a good place. He's on to a good thing."

--

Anyone else thinking maybe Rom has told him about life at Chelsea and not being a starter etc. and it's helping us keep him?

Nice post from Lukaku today re: Stones

LUKAKU: STONES SHOULD STAY

Romelu Lukaku thinks John Stones would be better served staying at Everton rather than joining his former side Chelsea.

The Premier League champions have made several bids for Stones, with the most recent offer of £30m rejected by Everton.

"To be fair John is in a good situation at a good club which believes in him," Lukaku, who left Stamford Bridge last summer, told several national newspapers.

"He is playing and is learning a lot from Phil Jagielka. He's been here two years now but this is the year where he really needs to confirm he is the top player he can be.

"This club has massive potential, with the players we have and the ambition the manager has. He is in a good place. He's on to a good thing."

--

Anyone else thinking maybe Rom has told him about life at Chelsea and not being a starter etc. and it's helping us keep him?
That and the recent Jose and the Doctor saga might be giving young John pause for thought (That is, if he ever was considering)

This to me is very much "not for sale". If Chelsea, and pretty much the rest of the world, don't understand this then I'm leaving life and going to Montana under an assumed identity to be a dental floss tycoon.

29835265-Stamp-with-text-not-for-retail-sale-inside-Stock-Vector.jpg

That and the recent Jose and the Doctor saga might be giving young John pause for thought (That is, if he ever was considering)
Not to mention him yesterday publicly "naming and shaming" his underperforming players. Just the approach a developing youngster needs!

On a side note, every word of that Rom interview was brilliant.

This to me is very much "not for sale". If Chelsea, and pretty much the rest of the world, don't understand this then I'm leaving life and going to Montana under an assumed identity to be a dental floss tycoon.

29835265-Stamp-with-text-not-for-retail-sale-inside-Stock-Vector.jpg

I've been told from someone ITK that he will not be sold under any circumstances.

So short of nuclear armageddon it will not matter what Chelsea offer. Everton as a matter of club policy will not sell. Even if (he won't) handed in a transfer request.

Needed to add this as this thread is going in circles thanks in part to disingenuous journalists.

People are forgetting Everton are a big club and are falling for media lies.

I've been told from someone ITK that he will not be sold under any circumstances.

So short of nuclear armageddon it will not matter what Chelsea offer. Everton as a matter of club policy will not sell. Even if (he won't) handed in a transfer request.

Needed to add this as this thread is going in circles thanks in part to disingenuous journalists.

That's just not true though. There will be a figure that we would sell for, and rightly so... But hopefully that figure is so large that Chelsea won't get close to it.

That's just not true though. There will be a figure that we would sell for, and rightly so... But hopefully that figure is so large that Chelsea won't get close to it.

It is true. I can tell you if Chelsea offered £100 million he wouldn't be sold this summer.

The club have made that clear.

People just won't accept it. Like you here.

I can't think of a single reason why we would sell mate, but... you know, it's Everton - we do find ways of doing the unthinkable.

I can't think of a single reason why we would sell mate, but... you know, it's Everton - we do find ways of doing the unthinkable.

I can't say how I found this out.

All I will say is remember I was cert on Lukaku signing when everyone said we couldn’t afford him. I'm as cert that this summer Stones is going nowhere.

Needed to put this in as the last 60 pages is like watching teeth being pulled without anaesthetic.

Perfectly healthy teeth too.

I can't say how I found this out.

All I will say is remember I was cert on Lukaku signing when everyone said we couldn’t afford him. I'm as cert that this summer Stones is going nowhere.

Needed to put this in as the last 60 pages is like watching teeth being pulled without anaesthetic.

Perfectly healthy teeth too.

Fair enough. Hope you're right as selling Stones would signal the dissolution of the entire spine of our squad over the next two years if it happened IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back