John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im struggling to see how this is the boards fault that a player wants to leave.

We have rejected 3 bids already, now the player apparently wants out and any sensible person will know an unhappy player will under perform if not sold.

The most likely price now is going to be 35-40 million and it will be accepted, the board will only be getting blame from me if the majority of the money isnt put back into transfers.
Suarez didn't underperform his final year.

I'd refuse to sell him. He has to perform to be selected for the Euros. A good Euros could see the fee rise either way.

4 years. No need to sell, regardless of what he wants. If he wanted to leave he shouldn't have signed that contract.

It's the timing and circumstance, which you ought to understand.

We cannot sell the player now, we just can't. If we do, we are confirming our status as a selling club, displaying zero ambition and basically waving the white flag and telling every talented player we have to jump ship at the first opportunity.

Every club's a selling club when the price is right bar Real and Barca.

Gutted ere, honestly thought he wouldn't hand a request in. Thought he was gonna listen to the majority of the football world and stay and aid his development.
If he goes good luck to the lad, but...
Chelsea are utter Scruffs for the way they've gone about this. The fact that their plan has worked just makes it even worse, they can take their corrupt oil millions and koff!!

We have rejected 3 bids already, now the player apparently wants out and any sensible person will know an unhappy player will under perform if not sold.

The most likely price now is going to be 35-40 million and it will be accepted, the board will only be getting blame from me if the majority of the money isnt put back into transfers.
You don't think that the fact we have been one of the lowest spenders in the league and show no ambition at all factors into his decision to hand in a transfer request?

police-samaritans.jpg

Thought that was an Addlol

It's simple. They get stones to say he wants to go. We have to sell to buy that's quite clear thanx to this board we our a sinking ship

That's mostly why they're getting the blame.

Mid-table clubs have spent near £60m without selling players. We've spent £4m and can look to spend £20m at the most, even if Stones leaves. Money is going somewhere and it is not a new stadium.

Lads I know Everton can turn down his transfer request but what if he plays like Lescott (against Arsenal). Would you still want him?
Yes. But I'd fine him a month's wages, dump him in the reserves and tell him to think very carefully about how he wants the next three years of his career to pan out. At that point I'd like to think that he would realise he needs to get his head down, start putitng in great performances again and keep his agent under control.

The biggest joke of all right now is the fact we let two experienced centre halves go and the closest we have come to replacing them is hinging on a work permit that may or may not even be approved.

We will be going into this season with essentially 3 brand new centre halves if we sell him. bow the he'll are we meant to improve by doing that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back