John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't give a [Poor language removed] if he wants to go or stay. No player is loyal, we all learned that with Rooney. Stones signed a new contract last season and should honour it until a club offer us 40 million.

Right, ok then i get what you are saying but in reality that's just not the case. i am equally annoyed and it pisses me off but like i said in my original post this is what our club has become and until our board does one and sells and we have actual money in the bank its reality

The club or nay club will out rightly say no and stand by it for a time but you know we are skint and the board ultimately will accept the highest bid to be shot of someone who does not want to be here and who costs us cash staying it simple really whether we like it or not.

Like you say we have been through this before. Rooney and Lescott for example

Hopefully Chelsea do at least come back with the same offer as last week but you know they may not.

Do you honestly think our board will holdout for 40?

Suarez didn't underperform his final year.

I'd refuse to sell him. He has to perform to be selected for the Euros. A good Euros could see the fee rise either way.

4 years. No need to sell, regardless of what he wants. If he wanted to leave he shouldn't have signed that contract.

This x 1000

Agree with DaveK, Van Dijk must now be targeted, none of this Evans bollards that just won't cut it.

Let's get over the disappointment quickly, get as much money as we possible can and then look to turn a major negative in to a positive.

Get in Van Dijk, stump up the cash and get Yarmolenko and get Bernard in as well.

Make the squad stronger as a result and try and use this to our advantage.

It's not Stones leaving that irks me...it's the 'to Chelsea' bit...that smug tosser Mourinho is bound to make a cheap comment which the media will all laugh at...at poor little Everton.

This once great club is becoming a joke in front of my eyes

Yes. But I'd fine him a month's wages, dump him in the reserves and tell him to think very carefully about how he wants the next three years of his career to pan out. At that point I'd like to think that he would realise he needs to get his head down, start putitng in great performances again and keep his agent under control.

Absolutely. He has no release clause. Everton have all the power here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back