John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly. But I get a bit annoyed when some arsehole gets his massive break off Everton and then pulls down his kecks and defecates all over us.

Cheers Judas. We''ll survive without your dubious defensive qualities.
His wages at Chelsea will be outrageous mate, like astronomically so. We can't realistically compete with that and for him to turn down the chance to play for the league champions and get wages four or five times what they are now is unrealistic for us to expect of him.

Yes. But I'd fine him a month's wages, dump him in the reserves and tell him to think very carefully about how he wants the next three years of his career to pan out. At that point I'd like to think that he would realise he needs to get his head down, start putitng in great performances again and keep his agent under control.

I like your idea but knowing we are Everton we won't do this because we are skint and can't afford this...possibly.

They had the same problem over the park with Suarez and this summer Sterling. Whilst I agree in principle with your sentiments, once a player decides he doesn't want to stay and hands in a transfer request, it's end game unfortunately.
Not if he's just months into a multi-year contract, and you paid very little for him in the first place. The club has the option to stare him down on this one - reject the request.

Reactions: Jxg
I wouldn't be surprised if the two are related.

They bloody well shouldn't be and the board should undergo a coup of 1917 October Revolution proportions if they are. People need to open their eyes. We are haemorrhaging cash to somewhere. It is not debt, it is not a new stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back