John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disappointed he's did that, really thought he wouldn't. Leaves us in a right predicament being so short on Cb's as it is. Hopefully it works out for the best whatever Martinez decides to do now. Footballers are a right shower.

Bloody hell, some off you lot are crying At your keyboard ain't you ? Now you know how we felt when it happened to us, I'm absolutely gutted he's going Chelsea never thought he would still can't believe he is now, on the bright side we might be able to sign a couple of new players before window closes.

We knew it would happen, we did not expect it to happen in this manner. So soon, and after forty thousand bids from the Portuguese scumbag increasing in one pound increments.

No offence mate, but at Barnsley it makes sense to sell star players and improve your squad.

With the players we have currently, it doesn't make sense to send the message to every one of them that it's open season and they can hand requests in whenever they want.

Your aims are different to ours.
You're being s ridiculously condescending drama queen again.

Lads, I'm as gutted as anyone else is but you need to come down off the roof and give it a think. He's a young lad who is good enough to play at the very top already and could definitely get into that Chelsea side, judging off of his one good season so far. Any fee we do get will literally break records and there ARE defenders out there. The board shouldn't be blamed because a young lad has had his head turned by a manager notorious for mind games and for being arguably the best manager in the game at the moment. It's a massive shame that he's very likely going, but I have all the faith that we will re-invest and rebuild. It's much more important that we get that genius creative player (ie; david silva) who can make things happen on his own in my opinion, and if Stones is funding it, I'm game as long as we get a suitable replacement.

No offence mate, but at Barnsley it makes sense to sell star players and improve your squad.

With the players we have currently, it doesn't make sense to send the message to every one of them that it's open season and they can hand requests in whenever they want.

Your aims are different to ours.

While this may be true - we have about as much money for transfers as Barnsley so its either keep stones on principle or improve the squad. We cant have both but thats a conversation for the board thread

*waits for new accounts posting*

to throw their spoon in the pot. Like a cauldron in here.

Forgot mods being on duty, i'm about to send my manager an email ' You better get another supervisor in and quick smart lad '.

Agree with DaveK, Van Dijk must now be targeted, none of this Evans bollards that just won't cut it.

Let's get over the disappointment quickly, get as much money as we possible can and then look to turn a major negative in to a positive.

Get in Van Dijk, stump up the cash and get Yarmolenko and get Bernard in as well.

Make the squad stronger as a result and try and use this to our advantage.
That's exactly what we need to do. In fact we should have already been doing it and not messing it up.

Lads, I'm as gutted as anyone else is but you need to come down off the roof and give it a think. He's a young lad who is good enough to play at the very top already and could definitely get into that Chelsea side, judging off of his one good season so far. Any fee we do get will literally break records and there ARE defenders out there. The board shouldn't be blamed because a young lad has had his head turned by a manager notorious for mind games and for being arguably the best manager in the game at the moment. It's a massive shame that he's very likely going, but I have all the faith that we will re-invest and rebuild. It's much more important that we get that genius player up front who can make things happen on his own in my opinion, and if Stones is funding it, I'm game as long as we get a suitable replacement.

DO ONE BILL :lol:

Likely that mori's work permit has gone through. Would not be surprised if we announce this soon. Stones will go and we have a few days to get someone in. Only issue now is other teams will know we have dosh to spend so the prices will go up.
Happens at every club, regardless. De Gea trying to force a move, sterling forced a move....and I'm sure if barca or real came in silva he'd force a move. Chelsea are no different, hazard would be out if real came knocking.

The power of modern day footballers.

Its all about getting the best deal possible, hold them to ransom and, a big and, try and reinvest all of it into building a better team

Correct. Our neighbours and Chelsea have been selling so called top players for the past 5 seasons.

I dont agree. He wants to play for England next year? He should have stayed here. He'll get splinters on his arse at Chelsea. I dont think Hodgson will look too kindly on that, Chelsea player or no Chelsea player, he'll want match hardened players.

Chelsea need new blood in defence thoug so he's looking at 30 games alongside someone like John Terry and under Jose Mourinho, possibly in the Champions league and possible league decides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back