John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
His wages at Chelsea will be outrageous mate, like astronomically so. We can't realistically compete with that

Everyone who thinks we should sell him buys us three players with the money: usually Yarm and VD and a third (maybe Austin).

How much do you think those three will cost in wages?

If we get those three in it means ~120k-150k extra in salary is sitting on our bench (either them or the players they displace from the current first 11).

Language
He's put in a TR thats enough for me .Fxxk off Stonsey go and play for a plastic club with plastic fans .ps Lets hope Rom breaks him in half first time he gets a chance. I really hope you dont make the Euros for what ever reason and what ever reason that will be I hope it really fxxxing hurts you.

You're being s ridiculously condescending drama queen again.

Erm... how exactly?

Barnsley are a club who will develop players, sell, reinvest and move up the leagues. All power to them.

You reach a glass ceiling on doing that in the Premier League, and I thought that by developing a 'golden generation' we were aiming to do just that.

How is it 'condescending' to point out Everton's aims are different to Barnsleys? It's the same as Chelsea's are different to Everton's - but like Barnsley have a choice with their business model, so do we, and selling Stones right now flies in the face of the bollox Martinez has said we're trying to do as a club.

Any other year I would say sell him, but the carrot on offer (euros) is so big that he will still perform for us...

(My personal choice at this point would be to let him rot in the reserves for his contract but that just isn't feasible)

Lads, I'm as gutted as anyone else is but you need to come down off the roof and give it a think. He's a young lad who is good enough to play at the very top already and could definitely get into that Chelsea side, judging off of his one good season so far. Any fee we do get will literally break records and there ARE defenders out there. The board shouldn't be blamed because a young lad has had his head turned by a manager notorious for mind games and for being arguably the best manager in the game at the moment. It's a massive shame that he's very likely going, but I have all the faith that we will re-invest and rebuild. It's much more important that we get that genius creative player (ie; david silva) who can make things happen on his own in my opinion, and if Stones is funding it, I'm game as long as we get a suitable replacement.
My fume won't be with Stones just all the other parties

The lad has made a big mistake if he moves this year. He will be a top top player but is still learning the game and still makes mistakes like all young players. The mistakes he makes at Chelsea will be put under microscopes every week , plus he will not be playing next to jags who in my books looks after his central defensive partner better than anything at Chelsea at the minute.

No offence mate, but at Barnsley it makes sense to sell star players and improve your squad.

With the players we have currently, it doesn't make sense to send the message to every one of them that it's open season and they can hand requests in whenever they want.

Your aims are different to ours.

No different at all a club higher up food chain as decided they want your best player, and because they're are a better team he wants to play for them it's exactly same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back