John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think that the fact we have been one of the lowest spenders in the league and show no ambition at all factors into his decision to hand in a transfer request?

On this occasion not at all, hes 21 years old and his main focus after 1 season of football id presume would be playing football and potentially making the euros team, someone or something has turned his head and imo its Mourinho, i said earlier Mourinho is the winner in this situation because hes made a level headed player ask to leave as that was the only way this transfer would happen.

Im far from sticking up for the board as i think its pathetic that we have spent so little with the added financials in particular this year but i don't hold them accountable for rejecting 3 bids and a player getting his head turned by a devious underhand manager and last seasons prem champions.

Thought we would have accepted a bid, not him needed to put in a transfer request.

This could end up being disastrous for us. I have no confidence in the board getting the most money possible, or providing Martinez to find adequate replacements.

My opinion for what its worth - gutted. Genuinely thought he would stay for another year, and wanted him too simply because I enjoy watching such an outstanding talent - the best centre half I have seen since Alan Hansen. Back of my mind was that it would still be his last season as the gossip would have gone on all year and he would go. Thing is he is good enough for Barca - he should have done a Suarez and hung on a year. Not been so gutted since Rooney and no amount of money is worth selling him now but his reaction to the Browning tackle was shocking told me deep down he thinks he is too good for us now. Last words he spoke was three days before the first bid in Singapore saying how happy he was and looking forward to the season. Shows how easy heads are turned I suppose. Board prob said well if you want to go you have to ask........ to deflect criticism from them which I actually understand its not their choice or Bobbys. Even Jags interview gave away that we can't spend till we know what's coming in, and talked about tthe issue with no conviction he was staying. 40 mill? No its the way it's been done which has killed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back