John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club can still reject the request and if he's a professional he'll accept that. If he goes then I lay no blame at Martinez but with the board. He's said time and time again that Stones isn't for sale so it'll be the board that eventually accept the bid.

Yes mate, but our aim isn't to sell our best players. We do not want to be a selling club, so welling would obliterate that aim - whereas Barnsley will sell assets to improve all around and progress up the league system.

We're not meant to be aiming to be Premier League makeweights forever, unless Martinez has been chatting pure rubbish.

I understand that but that facts are every clubs a selling club apart from a couple.

we have to demand his value i think we know they know (thats why they want him) he going to be best CB in the league even if hes isnt already so if man city pay £35M for Mangala we should demand £50M

Erm... how exactly?

Barnsley are a club who will develop players, sell, reinvest and move up the leagues. All power to them.

You reach a glass ceiling on doing that in the Premier League, and I thought that by developing a 'golden generation' we were aiming to do just that.

How is it 'condescending' to point out Everton's aims are different to Barnsleys? It's the same as Chelsea's are different to Everton's - but like Barnsley have a choice with their business model, so do we, and selling Stones right now flies in the face of the bollox Martinez has said we're trying to do as a club.
I hate to break it to you but I think the plans are to build a stadium and that means selling our prize assets to reinvest in the squad while keeping us mid table.

Maybe,maybe not. If he does get games I give him this advice: 'dont screw up, because the media will be all over every single mistake you got a free pass on when you were here'.

This will end badly for Stones at Chelsea. He's about two seasons off a challenge like that and will get the arse torn out of him.

Either that or it's the making of him. He'll be playing alongside some fine players in a better defensive team under one of the best coaches in Europe. Who knows how he'll go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back