John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im saying, that that data could have come from anywhere, it happens to be Accurate in terms of players names and dates of transfers, avaliable to anyone who wanted to research it, but becuase its on twitter to you it doesnt count. Ok thats fine. I only made it look like a tweet as it wasnt my research and didnt want to be seen as claiming someone elses work.
and my point is football club sell football players in football players transfer window shocker. Nothing to see here, move along please.

I'm not arsed where the info came from. Even less likely to be so if it says twitter anywhere near it.

Ok I'm not going to take you on, if you think all seems normal with the lateness of these deal, all after the season started, all after which ever manager will have his style of foorball, patterns of play set up for the season and then a prized asset goes with little time to replace.
So should we buckle at the first bid from another club simply because it's early in the transfer window?

LOL at people saying Stones isn't a wonderful footballer.

If he goes, we will not be able to replace him like for like. We could probably replace his current level (for a decent fee). But to replace what he will be? Lolno.

Too bad we don't have anyone ready to compete today. We need John Stones two years from now.

I suppose I'd accept Zouma + £30 million.
stones is a good footballer, nobody knows how he will turn out in the long run, how will he react to the fee, every game being a pressure game, every mistake costing something like a league title. if he isnt doing it they will just buy somebody that will its the Chelsea way
whoever is buying him is gambling on his potential, as it is he is good but raw , could go either way the likes of Chelsea can afford the gamble , look at the so called wonder players they have had in and spewed out over the years.

Some are using the 'it's the SPL he must be rubbish' card rather than using their own eyes (or being arsed to check his performances out).

He's superior to Stones in my opinion. If we pay £10M-£12M for him it'll be the deal of the window.
Why isnt Mourinho in for him then he gonna cost a 1/3 of the price even less if Malmo Do Celtic tonight

Some are using the 'it's the SPL he must be rubbish' card rather than using their own eyes (or being arsed to check his performances out).

He's superior to Stones in my opinion. If we pay £10M-£12M for him it'll be the deal of the window.
I've been saying this for about 3 months mate.

Why would they go to ridiculous lengths? They've pretty much set the terms for this transfer and now their target is requesting a move.

Trust me, as someone who grew up watching Leeds go through this with rio, there's only one outcome now.
Because we have a contract with the player for the next 4 years. And the Euros are next summer with him on the fringes of the England first team.

He can play for us, well, and make the Euros. Or he can throw a fit, significantly lower his value (so he doesn't get his big move anyway), and miss the Euros.

or we could blink and sell him below his value because we're dumb.

Their hand has been massively strengthened now though. We have to decide whether or not we keep an unhappy player on the books. That's what it boils down to now.

Stones won't sulk on bench. Keep him 1 more season, as euros are nxt yr, trust me he will play. After euros he will be worth more

Van Dijk's career at Celtic ends tonight. I fully expect him to be a target now. And IMO he's superior to that Tyke Judas.

Im a celtic supporter as well as a blue. Watch all matches and travel to some. Van Dijk is quality. Solid defender. Strong excellent in the air good control. Would be a good fill in for stones. As good as stones is now. Obviously not near as good as stones will be in couple years. Think celtic will cash in on him even if they qualify. Much better than the likes of Johnny evans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back