John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some are using the 'it's the SPL he must be rubbish' card rather than using their own eyes (or being arsed to check his performances out).

He's superior to Stones in my opinion. If we pay £10M-£12M for him it'll be the deal of the window.

Van Dijk isn't a better player than Stones. That's an attempt to rewrite the script tbh.

Van Dijk is a very good player though, but he has a limit to how good he can be and he's probably at it now. Stones on the other hand will more than likely become one of the very best in world football.

Given that players receive something in the region of 5% of a transfer fee if they don't hand in a transfer request are you suggesting they've all lost a shed load of cash just to do Everton a favour?

Rooney £1.5m
Arteta £.5m
Lescott. £1.1
Fellaini. £1.35m

and potentially Stones is now prepared to give up £1.5m just out of the goodness of his heart?

Their signing on fees, as well as their new improved contracts at their new clubs more than make up for these supposed losses.

Im a celtic supporter as well as a blue. Watch all matches and travel to some. Van Dijk is quality. Solid defender. Strong excellent in the air good control. Would be a good fill in for stones. As good as stones is now. Obviously not near as good as stones will be in couple years. Think celtic will cash in on him even if they qualify. Much better than the likes of Johnny evans.

I'd say without hesitation that Van Dijk would be a better choice for Chelsea than Stones. It's all well and good believing Stones will come good defensively, but there's no guarantees he has what it takes.

VVD is a much more accomplished player now and I believe will get better.

Because he wants English talent for the quotas.
Well I hope your'e right, I have tarnished him with the 'it's only the SPL so how can we judge him' tag, also been worried by the lack of Dutch caps in one of the poorest Dutch teams of our Lives. Lets hope he isnt too advanced with Southampton and that your'e right in your appraisal if him.

Because we have a contract with the player for the next 4 years. And the Euros are next summer with him on the fringes of the England first team.

He can play for us, well, and make the Euros. Or he can throw a fit, significantly lower his value (so he doesn't get his big move anyway), and miss the Euros.

or we could blink and sell him below his value because we're dumb.

And in the meantime you keep a player who wants to leave. What effect does that have on te squad, on the coach and on the fans?

When was the last time a team actually did that? It's always what supporters say but when does a team actually,stick to its guns and not sell in a short time frame for a relatively sensible price?

Truth is that anything under 50million may well be a bargain in 18 months-two years.....
And that's what he'll go for.

Van Dijk isn't a better player than Stones. That's an attempt to rewrite the script tbh.

Van Dijk is a very good player though, but he has a limit to how good he can be and he's probably at it now. Stones on the other hand will more than likely become one of the very best in world football.

A CB reaching their peak at 24?

I don't know anything about Van Dijk but I don't believe that.

Everything that is wrong with modern day football has resulted in this transfer request. [Poor language removed] off Jose you absolute scumbag. Hope we report them for all this tapping up.

Very disappointed in John too.
Said this meself after the chelsea bid last week . Now I would not expect anything less than the club reporting this to the FA & Premier league .
All the evidence is there to throw the book at them.This has left us in a horrendous position ,Mourhino & chelsea should be charged for ilegal tapping.
Absolute dispicable behavior , if this board dont do something they will lose any shred of respect the fans have for them.....God this hurts.

Their hand has been massively strengthened now though. We have to decide whether or not we keep an unhappy player on the books. That's what it boils down to now.
not really.

He still has 4 years left on his contract.
We can keep him for every one of them years if we had any bollox sitting on the board. Alas....

We should have named our price and went strong on it mate. We have the players' contract for four years - Stones should have been spoken to early and told the score.

It's now quite clear Everton wanted to do business all along, and I can't even express how saddening that is.
We have named our price. We have stayed strong. We've rejected bids until we reached it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back