John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant tell wether some are Dumb, playing devils advocate or are massively pro board. It has to be one of those 3.
I think the devil's advocacy option is the correct pick. Cognitive dissonance is an emotive nuance that often finds sardonic release via such avenue.

We should have named our price and went strong on it mate. We have the players' contract for four years - Stones should have been spoken to early and told the score.

It's now quite clear Everton wanted to do business all along, and I can't even express how saddening that is.

They've also lied too to keep people realising what they were doing.

100% convinced

@davek

3rauFhv.jpg

Can't blame John for wanting to leave to go to the champions, more money, living in the capital and European football and contending for silverware.

What we should be doing is sitting him down and doing what Fergie did with Cristiano Ronaldo saying we will let you go, but give us another season, give him a pay increase to keep him happy.

On the other hand if we do let him go Kenwirght and co should be blamed as it is too late in transfer window to bring a sufficient replacement in.

We should have named our price and went strong on it mate. We have the players' contract for four years - Stones should have been spoken to early and told the score.

It's now quite clear Everton wanted to do business all along, and I can't even express how saddening that is.
Is it clear though?

If they wanted to sell, why reject the bids out of hand, and why say he's not up for sale?

On the face of it, the club have rejected offers, said he's not for sale, and the player has handed a transfer request in.

To me that looks bad on Stones as opposed to Everton.

Van Dijk isn't a better player than Stones. That's an attempt to rewrite the script tbh.

Van Dijk is a very good player though, but he has a limit to how good he can be and he's probably at it now. Stones on the other hand will more than likely become one of the very best in world football.

Pffft!

Only if he learns how to defend first.

He's a good distributor. That's it.

If we get near £40M for him we've mugged Chelsea. It's just a pity it didn't happen a month ago.

Guys he did refuse to join wigan (in which he would have more opportunities to play) to join everton. A bigger club, that has always been on the back of my mind since the first bid from Chelsea.

And in the meantime you keep a player who wants to leave. What effect does that have on te squad, on the coach and on the fans?

When was the last time a team actually did that? It's always what supporters say but when does a team actually,stick to its guns and not sell in a short time frame for a relatively sensible price?

Truth is that anything under 50million may well be a bargain in 18 months-two years.....
And that's what he'll go for.
Suarez, two years ago. In the summer he was all about Arsenal. They made him train on his own.

Then he was player of the year, bit someone, and was bought by Barca for something like £20 million more than Arsenal were offering.

Smart players play.

A CB reaching their peak at 24?

I don't know anything about Van Dijk but I don't believe that.

Just my opinion - and ask @Mikey_Fitzgerald, I rate him highly. It's just he relies a lot on his athleticism and I get the feeling he'll never be quite the level Stones is likely to reach.

For £10m if Stones goes though it's a no-brainer. Problem is Celtic will plop on another £5m or so now anyway.

I'd say without hesitation that Van Dijk would be a better choice for Chelsea than Stones. It's all well and good believing Stones will come good defensively, but there's no guarantees he has what it takes.

VVD is a much more accomplished player now and I believe will get better.

But stones is a class act and anyone can see this. Of course he got what it takes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back