• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if there is a release clause it will come in at $45 million. Dont want one but if there has to be to sign a new deal it is probably a fair value to both parties. I still think he ends up at Barca or RM tho as I think if we had to sell we would prefer outside the PL. He was sooooo good today ( and most days for that matter )

Just Keep him as long as we can!

outstanding today, what a player and what a man. just look at berahinho, sterling and countless of other spoilt brats.

would love to think he's a future captain, dunno how much longer we really can keep hold of him though

agree with poster above. stones and everton have gotta be looking to keep hold o him unless Barca or Real come in

Monumental performance by a god of a player. Since when is a release clause necessary when he has four years left ?

If Everton want to reward him with a raise and an extension. My guess is it will only happen with a release clause. Otherwise he likely won't sign one. If he doesn't sign one I think we used our one rejection of a TR and next time I do expect him to make a fuss.

Let's put it this way. I'm a huge Everton fan. If someone is going to give me a 200% raise. I might not kick up a fuss the first time if my team makes some accommodation. But if they continue to reject paying the close to market value I am going to get pissed.

Higher wage with a release clause is a compromise and provides some clarity to all parties and to me the only way we keep him past this year and probably ensures getting through the winter window with no fuss. Teams are going to come in and my guess he won't play as nice next summer if we aren't in the CL.

To add I am not a doom monger and I am not anxious to sell him. I think he is 100% class But I am a realist and know he is not a born blue.

We can't have another window like this one with him.

Edit: also I only bring it up in response to comments earlier about a release clause

I am going to enjoy watching him play for as long as he is here. Hopefully for many more years!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back