• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got 15 years left of his career if he's lucky, what's Everton won in last 15 years ?, that's what he's got to look at, give it 2 years and move when he's only 2 years to run and he'll get 10 years at the very top. Everton don't attack transfer window like a top club and unfortunately until they do they'll never be able to give players like stones what they deserve.
Think you are slightly overlooking the massive part Everton have played in John's progression & Barnsley btw.
Could have been at another club just being a prospect with little or no game time.
Everton deserve the utmost credit for this & will be suitably rewarded wether its by Trophies ,Europe/ Champs lge or a large fee.
Martinez has to be applauded , his faith in the lad has been unwavering. Lets hope the club can match the managers faith.

I remember in the 86 season we were linked with Richard gough. Can u imagine our defence with him in it around the mid 80s in his prime. He went to spurs instead of us but it makes you wonder what might have been.
He went to spurs because Dundee United wouldn't sell him to Glasgow rangers,stayed at spurs for one season before leaving for Glasgow

I think the most rewarding/ambitious thing for John to do is either take us to the champions league/win a cup, or move to one of the elite three clubs.

He is so much better than Chelsea, City or Man U.

These teams are clearly not the elite anymore and I think would scream a lack of ambition.

Yeah they take it in turns to win the premier league, but they haven't done anything in Europe in the last 3 or so years.

The only logical move he could take would be Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

This lad deserves to be winning champions league medals and club world cups, not just the premier league and/or the FA CUP.

Absolutely fantastic player. And I tell you this. If he carries on playing like he is at the moment until next summer, and we do not qualify for Europe or win a trophy, he will be off. But not to anyone in this country. I see him ending up at Barcelona or Real Madrid, and we will be in the region 60-70 million quid better off.

Hope to god he stays thought. He is utter boss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back