• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Stones to bits mate, but anyone right now saying he is better than Ratcliffe is either too young to have seen Ratters play or are simply blind, best cb i've ever seen at Goodison by a mile

I never saw Radcliffe play. Dad says he's up there with the best along with Labone.

But he's also said that Stones is the best he's seen since then, and can't see him not been as good as them in a few years time.

I never saw Radcliffe play. Dad says he's up there with the best along with Labone.

But he's also said that Stones is the best he's seen since then, and can't see him not been as good as them in a few years time.

Your dad's right mate, never saw Labone myself but my uncle said similar from when he used to watch him, Ratcliffe was pure sex though

Was reading theshedend site and few posters there think that theyve missed the boat with him. They also expect others to join the race.

One poster said Stones' value isnt even near £40m....others say he's £50M next summer

Was reading theshedend site and few posters there think that theyve missed the boat with him. They also expect others to join the race.

One poster said Stones' value isnt even near £40m....others say he's £50M next summer
And that's why it makes absolutely no sense to get him to sign a new contract and agree on a buy out clause of a 'measly' £40m. If that's the case just hold on to him, let him boss the Euro's and sell him to a real elite club like Real or Barca. He'll be good enough for them in a few years time. He'll certainly have outgrown the likes of clubs like Chelsea by then.

And that's why it makes absolutely no sense to get him to sign a new contract and agree on a buy out clause of a 'measly' £40m. If that's the case just hold on to him, let him boss the Euro's and sell him to a real elite club like Real or Barca. He'll be good enough for them in a few years time. He'll certainly have outgrown the likes of clubs like Chelsea by then.

This. Lets hold on to this contract. Or if Stones camp 'demands'a new one....make sure they are not the ones who decide the amount of the clause. Nothing has changed. Evertons position is very very strong here.

He's definitely too good for Chelsea.

Ratcliffe was better, as it stands.

In his prime, yeah, he was awesome.
I still remember him at full back though.*shudders

Stones isn't far off the player that Ratters was though, and, as he fills out and strengthens, will probably be better in a season or two. Fingers crossed, we'll see him consistently at that level in a Royal Blue Jersey.

A man u fan at work reckens smalling is better then stones which I didnt agree with, he found this funny. Am I wearing blue tinted glasses?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back