• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man u fan at work reckens smalling is better then stones which I didnt agree with, he found this funny. Am I wearing blue tinted glasses?

I'd much rather have Stones, not even debatable.

Smalling is nearly 26 too ffs so he has almost 5 years on Stones. The fact the feller in work even needs to compare the two tells you all you need to know.

Stones is a better player but he's not being too ridiculous, Smalling has quietly become absolutely excellent recently.
Agree with this 100%! There is a reason most people are clamouring to see stones and smalling play together for England. With regards to the Ratcliffe issue, Stones may be as good a centre half in a few more seasons, but he will never have the Rats pace! Think Stones crossed with Lennon and you are somewhere close! With regards the Labone issue, playing stones and Radcliffe side by side still wouldn't match the man! He was the finest centre half this club will ever see in my opinion, up there with Bally, never to be seen again!

.....if there are contract discussions taking place the club are in a great position. Because of the stance we took he knows all three parties need to agree to a transfer. His contract also has a long time to run and he knows EFC are willing to double his existing salary. It's probably down to a release clause figure and we can play hard ball on this one.

Was good to see John Stones in play well on Saturday in what must of only been his 4th or 5th game for everton.
MOTD & Sunday Supplement both doing mini features on him this weekend
Until recently no one had really ever mentioned him before, now I wonder why that is?

By the way after Stones' Cruyff turn on Costa then laying it off to Galloway in our own penalty area, failing to mention Galloway then also strode out of defence easing past a couple of Chelsea players. (Oh well im sure Galloway will get his moment when the media start the campaign for him to eventually replace Kompany at city)

Was good to see John Stones in play well on Saturday in what must of only been his 4th or 5th game for everton.
MOTD & Sunday Supplement both doing mini features on him this weekend
Until recently no one had really ever mentioned him before, now I wonder why that is?

By the way after Stones' Cruyff turn on Costa then laying it off to Galloway in our own penalty area, failing to mention Galloway then also strode out of defence easing past a couple of Chelsea players. (Oh well im sure Galloway will get his moment when the media start the campaign for him to eventually replace Kompany at city)

Mason Holgate Played 20 first team games last season, but only made his England Under 19s debut last week having not played a first team game this season I wonder why that is.

John Stones is going to be the hottest player in the PL this season, just watch. The only PL clubs that could afford him are Chelsea and the two Mancs. It is possible there could be interest from abroad also.

I am still in awe of that performance. With the eyes of the world on scrutinzing him and up against some of the best players out there he was absolute class. Didn't seem nerved, was calm and played with his head up.

We are a damn lucky fanbase to get to watch the likes of him, Ross and Galloway develop. They are young and form will go up and down but when they are all on song... WOW!

I am still in awe of that performance. With the eyes of the world on scrutinzing him and up against some of the best players out there he was absolute class. Didn't seem nerved, was calm and played with his head up.

We are a damn lucky fanbase to get to watch the likes of him, Ross and Galloway develop. They are young and form will go up and down but when they are all on song... WOW!
Can add Rom to that list as well. He's still only 22.

Can add Rom to that list as well. He's still only 22.
Our under 25 XI:

Robles (25)
Browning (21) Stones (21) Galloway (19) Garbutt (22)
McCarthy (24) Besic (23)
Deulofeu (21) Barkley (21) Oviedo (25)
Lukaku (22)​

Oviedo, Robles, and Garbutt are the biggest question marks in that group. And this doesn't even include promising U-21 players who have yet to see action with the first team. We really do have an exciting young team, if we can keep this group together and add one or two more to it, who knows what we'll be fighting for in 4-5 years time.

Our under 25 XI:

Robles (25)
Browning (21) Stones (21) Galloway (19) Garbutt (22)
McCarthy (24) Besic (23)
Deulofeu (21) Barkley (21) Oviedo (25)
Lukaku (22)​

Oviedo, Robles, and Garbutt are the biggest question marks in that group. And this doesn't even include promising U-21 players who have yet to see action with the first team. We really do have an exciting young team, if we can keep this group together and add one or two more to it, who knows what we'll be fighting for in 4-5 years time.

Need to add one genuine quality player each season in their prime 23-28 that improves the starting 11, keep doing that and bringing brilliant players through the under 21s into the squad whilst keeping hold of the essential players we could be on the verge of something special indeed.

Mason Holgate Played 20 first team games last season, but only made his England Under 19s debut last week having not played a first team game this season I wonder why that is.

100% pal. Would ryan mason (who i think is a half decent player) got into the england squad if he was playing for leicester last year?

Its like the calls for jordan ibe for the next england squad (hodgson says they have been watching him) and not a thought on someone like nathan redmond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back