• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to add one genuine quality player each season in their prime 23-28 that improves the starting 11, keep doing that and bringing brilliant players through the under 21s into the squad whilst keeping hold of the essential players we could be on the verge of something special indeed.

Its clear what vision Roberto has got for the Club. Im excited.

Its clear what vision Roberto has got for the Club. Im excited.
Funny you should say that, I read this book about football managers recently, called Living On The Volcano, and there's a whole chapter about Martinez in it, and one of the things he said that struck me was that he thinks in the long term. And I quote:
"I'm not the sort of manager who wants to win the game on Saturday and see what happens after that. I prefer a long-term project. I like to build things, make decisions that may not be rewarded for another five or six years down the line."

Makes me wonder if Stones is the kind of player he has in mind there.

Funny you should say that, I read this book about football managers recently, called Living On The Volcano, and there's a whole chapter about Martinez in it, and one of the things he said that struck me was that he thinks in the long term. And I quote:
"I'm not the sort of manager who wants to win the game on Saturday and see what happens after that. I prefer a long-term project. I like to build things, make decisions that may not be rewarded for another five or six years down the line."

Makes me wonder if Stones is the kind of player he has in mind there.

I think it's clear he envisages a spine of the team built around Stones, McCarthy, Barkley and Lukaku. Defenders playing with a certain style. Full-backs pushing foward, a versaitile fluid front line. Able to counter but also dominate the park. Newspapers have hinted as much.

Smalling is actually crap he gets dragged all over the place and his positioning is poor to begin with

Not sure how or why people rate him
Red Mancs are jizzing themselves with their entitled delusions of a Smalling(??) and Stones CB partnership. Slowly they are becoming RAWK-like. That is what too much success can do to a club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back